Honda Generators

How do you relate to most threads you post in?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I don't need a second generator.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'm a FF/EMT and am one of the folks who stay around and help the ones in trouble. Just goes with the job.

Reply to
Steve W.

Forte Agent 3.3. It works just fine unless our beloved troll goes out of his way to cause chaos.

Sometimes Stormin' just changes the subject line. That breaks a thread but the "Reference: " information is still in the headers so you can trace back for the context without much effort.

Lately, Stormin' likes to cut someone's post and paste it into a new thread, and then put in his comment, on top. That removes the ref info from the headers since, to usenet, it IS a new thread.

Now you may ask "why". I won't try to explain what goes on in his mind. It's part and parcel of what lead him to post a couple snippy replies in this thread when someone dared to say anything that didn't have to do, specifically, with Honda brand generators. I bet he won't let the foods on his plate touch, either.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

That's a good enough reason. ;-) Mind if I keep (far) out of your way?

Reply to
krw

Unnecessary.

If the power is out for six weeks, there's no point in going into work. Might just as well take a nice vacation.

Reply to
krw

"Jim Wilkins" on Sat, 4 Aug 2012 13:22:55 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

We had a sudden storm blow through the Cascade foothills last month /end of June. Knocked a lot of trees down. News footage interviewing a guy right in the middle. "Yep, I work here, and the power went out, and I could see the tree" [cut to 18-24 inch moderate sized tree trunk where it was cut off at the road's edge] "so I got out the chain saw, and me and a couple other guys had the road open in about a half hour or so." Yep, good ol' boys -not so much that they're ready for anything, as they haven't gotten everything out of the truck, yet.

tschus pyotr

== pyotr filipivich "Have the Anarchists ever stopped to consider that if they bring down the American Government, there will be no one to protect them from the rednecks?"

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

First things first. The tree was in the way, and they did have a chainsaw. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If they can afforrd it. The kids were in school, since it was winter. How do the parents take off and not cause the kids to fail, and be held back a year? How were they to know it would be six weeks?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Douglas Bader, DB, DogsBody. Easy to say, easy to hear, easy to associate. Not a bad handle.

Reply to
David J. Hughes

You need a tampon.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Keep out of everyone's way.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Ideally, fill your "bunch of cans" when it's calm weather, and the power is on.

.

Then you better leave a week or more before it hits. The biggest problem is gasoline. A lot of people run out and find that the stations are waiting on extra deliveries. You have jerks show up with a bunch of cans or even 55 gallon drums, in spite of being told that they are only supposed to fill the tanks on their vehicles.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That combination of cold and no power, would make you wish you had a Honda generator.

.

He wasn't in Alabama in the early '70s when ice took town the main HV feed across the state, from a nuclear power plant. Some areas were without power for six weeks. It was the first heavy snow fall in 20 years, and a lot of power lines weren't built for the temperature so they were snapping or pulling down poles.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No, I'm a Young, not a Honda.

Christ>

Do you?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hardly at all. I don't have any baseboards in my family, nor do I have any lets rolls.

Christ>

How do you relate to most threads you post in?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have a lot of respect for self motivated folks, with Honda Generators.

.

We had a sudden storm blow through the Cascade foothills last month /end of June. Knocked a lot of trees down. News footage interviewing a guy right in the middle. "Yep, I work here, and the power went out, and I could see the tree" [cut to 18-24 inch moderate sized tree trunk where it was cut off at the road's edge] "so I got out the chain saw, and me and a couple other guys had the road open in about a half hour or so." Yep, good ol' boys -not so much that they're ready for anything, as they haven't gotten everything out of the truck, yet.

tschus pyotr

== pyotr filipivich "Have the Anarchists ever stopped to consider that if they bring down the American Government, there will be no one to protect them from the rednecks?"

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ideally, the weather report predicts an ice storm instead of harmless sleet or rain at 35F.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

My state implemented a rule (not sure if it's a law) that as soon as a hurricane watch is called, all gas stations along designated evacuation routes must arrange to top off (to at least 60%) their storage tanks.

Reply to
HeyBub

Except in the numerous but small flood-prone areas we evacuate to our basements. I suppose that's not a common option in the South. You can live a lot longer on whatever is in your house than what's in your car.

jsw, who has lived in a VW Beetle.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins