Honda Generators

'easterSee "Halloween" for how people just dealt with it.

"Customers still suffering outages, including actress Mia Farrow at her home in Bridgewater, continued to cope as best they could, by sleeping at the homes of friends who had already had their electricity restored, taking showers at work and storing perishable foods outside."

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Same thing as a grunt or a gofer. All the tedious, dirty, or labor intensive tasks that no else wants to do.

Reply to
David J. Hughes

The subject line is Honda Generators. If the conversation changes, the subject line should change, also. I've demonstrated that, in the past.

.

What Honda generator? I wrote that I salvage old Colemans.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Like changing the oil on the Honda generator?

.

Same thing as a grunt or a gofer. All the tedious, dirty, or labor intensive tasks that no else wants to do.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I know all about it. I live in central N.Y. Being a FF/EMT I get to play a lot when things like that happen. For me it's usually, make sure my power is up and running, hit the station for the same then start clearing snow so we can get in/out of the station. Then visit shut-ins and check on elderly and special needs people. Then it's wait for the normal stuff.

For folks who might want to help.

Steve W.

Hang wash? No, I could never figure that out. (what a moron)

Reply to
krw

You really are good at it.

Reply to
krw

I don't drink anymore. It left a lot more money for the get-outta-town fund. ;-)

They just left too late. Gotta beat the rush and get good seats.

Reply to
krw

Roads blocked for weeks because of an ice storm? Nonsense. Outlying areas without power, sure. Ever hear of a laundromat? ;-)

Well, I'm not a metrosexual (or...) so my wardrobe is pretty cheap. It gets turned over every couple of years and I almost always ruin them before they wear out. Good enough.

I can understand that if you live in the third world, like New England. I've only once been without power for more than 12 hours (three days), so it's not a good place to allocate money. As I said in an earlier post, if I'd been a week without power, it wouldn't happen a third time.

I lived on the edge of that and it was a mess but it certainly didn't last a week.

Why?

Reply to
krw

Thanks. It was the assigned radio callsign of Group Captain Sir Douglas Bader, CBE, DSO, DFC, FRAeS, DL, AM&FM

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

And you had to top-post to tell me.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

This poor fool thinks he owns threads. Yes, Stormin' you have "demonstrated" that thousands of times by breaking half the threads in the group into incomprehensible pieces.

Just one more way the fool uses to screw up anyone being able to follow any evolving conversation. I honestly think it's just so he can see his name at the top of lots and lots of threads. In any case, his social interaction skills are zero so he should be treated as the village idiot.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

Like Florida. We did fine after the two years of hurricane activity in this area, until FEBLA showed up. Their contractor destroyed our private road with a front end loader. Instead of cutting up and loading the fallen trees, they simply put the bucket down on them and dragged them down the street, and tore out most of the asphalt. We had already cut up the trees onto pieces that would fit a dump truck, but the SOBs were too lazy to do their job properly. They did it right on the public roads, but not in our subdivision.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Then you better leave a week or more before it hits. The biggest problem is gasoline. A lot of people run out and find that the stations are waiting on extra deliveries. You have jerks show up with a bunch of cans or even 55 gallon drums, in spite of being told that they are only supposed to fill the tanks on their vehicles.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You have a flying car?

He wasn't in Alabama in the early '70s when ice took town the main HV feed across the state, from a nuclear power plant. Some areas were without power for six weeks. It was the first heavy snow fall in 20 years, and a lot of power lines weren't built for the temperature so they were snapping or pulling down poles.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What software are you reading the group with? Netscape 4.8 threads by message IDs, not subject lines.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Does this relate to Honda generators?

.

[...]

You need a Honda generator.

.

He wasn't in Alabama in the early '70s when ice took town the main HV feed across the state, from a nuclear power plant. Some areas were without power for six weeks. It was the first heavy snow fall in 20 years, and a lot of power lines weren't built for the temperature so they were snapping or pulling down poles.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Do you?

Reply to