OE problems with messages

Anyone having problems the last few days with Outlook Express as your reader for this group? A small percentage of the posts come through with (no subject) and when you open it says Outlook Express had trouble reading the message, check disk space or memory. I know it is neither of those problems for sure. I have 280 gigs, and the partition that OE data is on is 80 gigs with about 50 gigs open, and I have a gig of memory with nothing else running.

Reply to
Grady

Grady, Do you happen to use cox.central.net??

I think the problem is with your server, not your software. Change the Cox server from central to either east or west and your problem should disappear.

DanG

I had a similar problem with "Message no longer available" errors and numerous missed posts for the 19th and 20th. Typically when this sort of problem occurs, after the problem is corrected, I'll see numerous threads with the Re: prefix, and the OP's post won't show up at all.

I suspect that (for my situation) it was a feed problem from Newsfeeds, and in your case might've been a similar problem with your ISP's news feed.

Reply to
Wild Bill

Exactly. I switched to news.west.cox.net and the problem went away. I dont know if they got the central servers back online yet. Will try it one of these days and see. The west servers dont seem near as fast as the central servers. I have been well pleased with Cox as my isp since they bought Multimedia out here in the central US. Great speeds, very very little problems.

Reply to
Grady