OT: Problems with Copy & Paste in the new IE7

I suggest reading RFC 2822 before continuing to claim further nonsense.

And he still is changing his eMail-address once a week. Contrary to me.

Oh, and you just proved with your conceptual misunderstanding of eMail-addresses what quality the OT-postings have here. People how have a vague "I-guess-it-kinda-works-that-way"-knowledge give answers to OT-questions.

Pointless? Took the time to read the charter or not?

A clear and load YES!

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller
[...]

How do you personally interpret that bit there, Nick?

Reply to
B.B.

You _certainly_ know English better than I do. But even with my limited knowledge, I clearly understand that the examples given can't be a complete list (-> "but not limited to") but describe the context (-> "such as") of on-topics quite well.

In the examples (that you gracefully snipped), I couldn't find the _slightest_ hint for discussions about finding shortcuts in IE, discussing about jeans, political postings of any color or general discussions about operating systems.

YM seems to V

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

How about discussions of what is on topic or off topic?

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

This is an FAQ :-) Discussions about the group itself (AKA meta-discussions) belong into the group. Where else could they take place?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

In rec.crafts.metalworking.faq? ....er.... LOL...

Sorry. Didn't mean it in an adversarial way, just being... well... difficult. Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Didn't take it for bad.

Something completely different (while I have you on the line):

Got a stupid (?) idea for your multi-spindle heads and the lubrication: You said that you are using grease to reduce costs for the sealings. How about having a grove in the lower body that collects oil. That oil is sprayed onto the gears by an injector (mist cooling). OK, you need compressed air and some valve to let escape the pressure and retain the oil. But that (little) pressure inside would keep swarf out (and then you can reverse the sealings to keep the oil in). Would help you for higher RPM.

If you think it's nonsense, forget it. If you think it is a **great** idea, I'll give you my bank-account-data. ;-)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

You can still ge me your bank account data if you want, but I might make a withdrawl. :)

Unless I'm missing the concept a bit, I don't think this will work. The heads are used to drill in just about any position (vertically up from underneath), down (like on a drill press), horizontal (like... er... like something horizontal), or anywhere in between. I think you are suggesting that I let gravity return the oil to the "sump" area - but that could change depending on where the head is oriented. Best example would be the heads we have at (insert major automotive manufacturer here) in their Kentucky plant. They put them on a robotic arm and drill in just about every orientation you can imagine with the same two spindle head...

Did I misunderstand? And woudl this be an anti-hijacked thread now since it is back on topic? LOL....

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Didn't know that. Always thought of a drill-press.

No.

I wanted to see wether you change the subject. :-P

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Thought about it, but didn't want to risk loosing you in the transition. :)