OT: Problems with Copy & Paste in the new IE7

I should probably go to some computer tech group to ask this but I have found that most of the people on this board are very knowledgeable
about a lot of different subjects plus they talk in a way I can understand.
If any of you have installed the new IE7 lately have you found the same problem I have? When I try to "Copy & Paste" highlighted text from a Web page there is no visible way to do it that I have found. The "edit" button isn't on the toolbar and when I right click the mouse there isn't any option for cut & paste or copy & pasted. I may just uninstall IE 7 if I can't figure out how to get around this. I use the copy & paste a lot in gathering information for documents and I hate to lose that feature.
Any help would be appreciated.
Dennis
Disregard my previous post. I found the answer on the IE7 help section. According to them the procedure is to: Highlight the text click on the Page option just to the top right then copy click right mouse button and hit paste to put in the document.
I still like the old IE 6 way better.
Dennis
Have you considered Ctrl-C for copy and Ctrl-V for paste. Keyboard shortcuts are often way quicker the using the mouse if you know them.
TwoGuns wrote:

David Billington wrote:

Thanks for that answer David. I am sure there are probably a few other guys on this group that are as computer illiterate as I am and your answer probably saved them some time also.
Dennis

Old wordstar relic commands, from the days of Z80's and CPM 2.2
Ctrl-K-C = copy block Ctrl-K-V = paste block
Whole bunch of others there were, young skywalker...
How about the shortcuts, control-x etc?

Firefox beats ANY version of IE that Bill and his merry crew will ever come up with. Now I only use IE(6) for accessing www.windowsupdate.com and getting updates from mcafee.
Mike wrote:

The insistence on IE was why we switched from Mcafee to Zonelabs.
Steve
TwoGuns wrote:

... or ask in the right group.
Nick
--
Measure twice, cut once.
Or use YADRO:

Nick,
No slam intended, but I'd suggest you either ignore "OT" posts or don't bother responding with a corrective message. The person who put the original message out there obviously knows it is off topic if they preface it with "OT" and your reply does nothing but take up more space and time. Anyone who knows it is OT and goes through the trouble of putting the "OT" header in there probably won't listen to your advice anyhow. Just my $0.02. Not a slam or meant as an agressive reply.
Personally, I have no problems with the occasional OT post as I feel it is a community, not a technical forum. ...But then again, I haven't read the charter and I'm betting many others haven't either.
V8013-R
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

I can help you out with this: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charter#Newsgroup_charter <http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/crafts/blacksmithing/metal1.faq
From the second link: Charter -------
Charter -- REC.CRAFTS.METALWORKING
The USENET newsgroup, rec.crafts.metalworking, is a newsgroup which discusses various aspects of working with metal, such as (but not limited to):
machining, as on a lathe, milling machine, grinder, etc.; numerical control of such machines; welding, whether by gas, arc, mig, tig, thermite, or other methods; Metal joining, whether welding, brazing, soldering, riveting, screwing, folding, etc. (this section was added during the discussion) casting various metals by various methods; hardening/tempering various metals; blacksmithing/forging; spinning and hammer work; sheet metal work; jewelry-making; purchasing and/or reconditioning metalworking tools and machinery; interesting projects; books on metal technologies and history;
Example areas of interest:
knife/sword making; automotive repair; steam engine (model/scale, though full-sized discussions are welcome!); art work, such as bronze castings and sculptures; gunsmithing; toolmaking, such as for woodworking, further metalworking, etc.;
While the bulk of the discussion will probably be directed towards small-scale "home" shops, industrial/production discussions are also quite welcome.
HTH, Nick
--
Measure twice, cut once.
Or use YADRO:

How do you personally interpret that bit there, Nick?

B.B. wrote:

You _certainly_ know English better than I do. But even with my limited knowledge, I clearly understand that the examples given can't be a complete list (-> "but not limited to") but describe the context (-> "such as") of on-topics quite well.
In the examples (that you gracefully snipped), I couldn't find the _slightest_ hint for discussions about finding shortcuts in IE, discussing about jeans, political postings of any color or general discussions about operating systems.
YM seems to V
Nick
--
Measure twice, cut once.
Or use YADRO:

How about discussions of what is on topic or off topic? <playful, but clearly evil grin>
V8013-R
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

This is an FAQ :-) Discussions about the group itself (AKA meta-discussions) belong into the group. Where else could they take place?
Nick
--
Measure twice, cut once.
Or use YADRO:

In rec.crafts.metalworking.faq? ....er.... LOL...
Sorry. Didn't mean it in an adversarial way, just being... well... difficult. Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com
V8013-R
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Didn't take it for bad.
Something completely different (while I have you on the line):
Got a stupid (?) idea for your multi-spindle heads and the lubrication: You said that you are using grease to reduce costs for the sealings. How about having a grove in the lower body that collects oil. That oil is sprayed onto the gears by an injector (mist cooling). OK, you need compressed air and some valve to let escape the pressure and retain the oil. But that (little) pressure inside would keep swarf out (and then you can reverse the sealings to keep the oil in). Would help you for higher RPM.
If you think it's nonsense, forget it. If you think it is a **great** idea, I'll give you my bank-account-data. ;-)
Nick
--
*************************************
*** Available now in NZ and AUS ***

You can still ge me your bank account data if you want, but I might make a withdrawl. :)
Unless I'm missing the concept a bit, I don't think this will work. The heads are used to drill in just about any position (vertically up from underneath), down (like on a drill press), horizontal (like... er... like something horizontal), or anywhere in between. I think you are suggesting that I let gravity return the oil to the "sump" area - but that could change depending on where the head is oriented. Best example would be the heads we have at (insert major automotive manufacturer here) in their Kentucky plant. They put them on a robotic arm and drill in just about every orientation you can imagine with the same two spindle head...
Did I misunderstand? And woudl this be an anti-hijacked thread now since it is back on topic? LOL....
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

Didn't know that. Always thought of a drill-press.

No.
I wanted to see wether you change the subject. :-P
Nick
--
*** Available now in NZ and AUS ***

Thought about it, but didn't want to risk loosing you in the transition. :)
V8013-R