Please limit topics to metalworking

yes, but also a testiment to the mental facualties, crazy but determined.

another wise man. this thread has made me think back, and wonder why anyone who knows about machines and human interaction would ever consider riding? my Dad, a construction lineman, discouraged them. and most folks with real experience admitted to the dangers. we rcm'rs s/b smarter(!), right? --Loren

Reply to
Loren Coe

I rode for a number of years until I broke up my knee pretty bad, about 13 years ago. I sold the bike as soon as I could walk on crutches. Haven't been back on a bike since. The little bit of pleasure I got out of riding wasn't worth all the pain and agony I went through. And I know I was lucky.

All I have to do is look at the 10" scar and it reminds me. The knee hasn't ever been right since and never will be. Aches bad whenever I over use it.

Those that ride without a helmet are nuts!

Lane

Reply to
lane

I can't add anything to that!

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

The heat will make one do strange things. I recall stopping at a rest area on the way to needles and blyth on a family trip. We were in a land barge Ford LTD station wagon with the AC cranked all the way up - and while we were having lunch a young man drove up, in what was probably an mgb, with the top down. I think he didn't realize how dehydrated he was until he tried to stand up, and promptly fell over by the car.

We poured him full of water and got him back among the living.

My memories of that trip included needles, blythe, and an overnight stay in Yuma where the motel for some reason had the vestigial remains of what I belive was a lockheed P80 shooting star parked behind it. All the glass was broken out of it, and the instruments and avionics were gone. But for a ten year old kid to sit in a cockpit like that, pure joy.

Jim

jim rozen

Nope, that's not the one I remember. I remember her as a pretty stunning brunette.

Reply to
Jack Erbes

Sure. Does your machine shop have a network administrator? If so he may be more anal than you. :>)

But we should not be talking like this if "D", "o", "N", is listening. Maybe when you a network guy that is that knowledgeable about computers and also an accomplished machinist, he will revert back to a pretty much normal person?

Reply to
Jack Erbes

As I read through this string I was thinking the very same thing. In an attempt to stop off topic posts he's created the longest string of OT posts with more changes in the topic (all OT) that I've ever read through.

Reply to
Doug Arthurs

The concept of sound waves canceling one another? Yep, I see whatcha mean. My problem is I'm only one wave, though!

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

It's the wild, wild internet, the new wild West!

RJ

Reply to
Backlash