Christmas Lights

Blasted bulbs - just buy another $4.99 light set and throw the old string away. As a person that spent almost the entire day Sunday hanging
Christmas lights, I can see a real need for a new product... "Spray on" Christmas lights. Spray them on in December, hose 'em off in January..
snip
After setting it all up Saturday and then finding it in the floor this morning, ( don't know what happened) I think we're going to decorate an empty bedroom as the Christmas Room. I'll set it up once, do all the traditional stuff there and when all is said and done, close the door and leave it all up until next year.
Oy Vey!
Randy www.vernarockets.com
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote:

I hope You got a spare room left for Easter!

DOH!
That reminds me of my favorite Elmer Fudd cartoon. When the cartoon starts, for about the first 30 seconds he's busily running all over his house hanging up lots of Easter decorations. He suddenly stops and looks at what would be the camera position and says, "I'm waitin' on the Easter Bunny and when he gets here BWAM!
HUHUHUHUHHUH!
Randy www.vernarockets.com

What can I say, I'm cheap...
<g>
I fixed two more strings, and the Christmas tree's up, and operational. Everything looks pretty decent at this point. I'm just hoping that we have a good January thaw so I can get all this crap back down in reasonable time...
Anybody know how to tone down the sensitivity on Douglas Fir? He keeps shooting his mouth off every couple of minutes or so, and I think I've already figured out how to get him to fly straight with an H for power...
"Hi! I'm Douglas [ignition] Fiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"
<vbg>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
Todd wrote:

Yeah I hate to say it but it's actually cheaper in terms of time AND money in some cases to just buy a new set at the dollar store or walmart.

I still say a big ol' Tesla Coil would be cooler...
But, of course, I thought the Pentagram with Santa in the middle that I did last year would be a hit too. The neighbors kept trying to set fire to my house...
<vbg>
Tod "OK KIDS! IT'S THE CHRISTMAS VAN DEGRAFF!" Hilty
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems

You forgot the OT.
--
Tweak

How many lights are on your chickens anyway? ; )
Randy www.vernarockets.com

Durn. Wen't a'googlin' for "festive chicken lights" and this was all I could turn up:
http://search.ebay.com/rooster-lamps_W0QQfnuZ1QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ3
LQQKY!
<vbg>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
Todd wrote:

LOL!
It's not surprising that Christmas light set-up services are becoming popular.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

There's a paid service for hanging up xmas lights?!?!?
Let's see here... $1.99 for the lights and $199 for setting up those xmas lights...
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
tdstr wrote:

It's true. I've seen a segment on the local news about it. People get paid for putting up other people's lights. There's something just plain wrong 'bout that.

Naw... just standard supply and demand...
You got tons of money, and no time because you work 70 hours a week to get the money, and you want to keep up with the Joneses, in order for you to look like a normally adjusted social creature, and not a borderline psychotic mess...
<vbg>
I still say Tesla Coil. Nothing says "Christmas" more than a big Tesla Coil...
Tod "Maladjusted" Hilty
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems

Oh. Was she "shockingly" attractive?
<vbg>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems

Yeah, but Randy, I'll bet *you* knew how to reset her breaker!
<vbg>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty