Christmas Lights

DOH!

That reminds me of my favorite Elmer Fudd cartoon. When the cartoon starts, for about the first 30 seconds he's busily running all over his house hanging up lots of Easter decorations. He suddenly stops and looks at what would be the camera position and says, "I'm waitin' on the Easter Bunny and when he gets here BWAM!

HUHUHUHUHHUH!

Randy

<randyolb

What can I say, I'm cheap...

I fixed two more strings, and the Christmas tree's up, and operational. Everything looks pretty decent at this point. I'm just hoping that we have a good January thaw so I can get all this crap back down in reasonable time...

Anybody know how to tone down the sensitivity on Douglas Fir? He keeps shooting his mouth off every couple of minutes or so, and I think I've already figured out how to get him to fly straight with an H for power...

"Hi! I'm Douglas [ignition] Fiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Yeah I hate to say it but it's actually cheaper in terms of time AND money in some cases to just buy a new set at the dollar store or walmart.

Reply to
Dan Cox

I still say a big ol' Tesla Coil would be cooler...

But, of course, I thought the Pentagram with Santa in the middle that I did last year would be a hit too. The neighbors kept trying to set fire to my house...

Tod "OK KIDS! IT'S THE CHRISTMAS VAN DEGRAFF!" Hilty

Reply to
hiltyt

LOL!

It's not surprising that Christmas light set-up services are becoming popular.

Reply to
raydunakin

There's a paid service for hanging up xmas lights?!?!?

Let's see here... $1.99 for the lights and $199 for setting up those xmas lights...

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
tdstr

You forgot the OT.

Reply to
Tweak

How many lights are on your chickens anyway? ; )

Randy

<randyolb

Durn. Wen't a'googlin' for "festive chicken lights" and this was all I could turn up:

LQQKY!

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

It's true. I've seen a segment on the local news about it. People get paid for putting up other people's lights. There's something just plain wrong 'bout that.

Reply to
Dan Cox

Naw... just standard supply and demand...

You got tons of money, and no time because you work 70 hours a week to get the money, and you want to keep up with the Joneses, in order for you to look like a normally adjusted social creature, and not a borderline psychotic mess...

I still say Tesla Coil. Nothing says "Christmas" more than a big Tesla Coil...

Tod "Maladjusted" Hilty

Reply to
hiltyt

I think I dated her in high school.

Randy

<randyolb

Oh. Was she "shockingly" attractive?

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

This one is even more impressive:

Bob Cox

She looked ok but then she wasn't the brightest bulb in the box.

Randy

<randyolb

Yeah, I checked that out. Quite impressive, and a *true* Urban Legend to boot!

Kinda like a Christmas oriented Pink Floyd concert...

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Yeah, but Randy, I'll bet *you* knew how to reset her breaker!

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain... ; )

Randy

<randyolb

Plus, in the summertime it can double as a bug zapper for the entire neighborhood.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I'm sure a lot of the market for this service is people with more money than time, but there's also the seniors who want lights but are getting too old to put them up themselves. Also, in some cases it's a matter of safety and having the right equipment.

I've been tempted to hire someone to put lights along the edge of the roof on the second story of our house. It would look great to have lights up there but I can't reach it even with my neighbor's 18' extension ladder. Actually, if I could just get some hooks installed, maybe I could hang the lights myself using a really long pole.

BTW, to deter the vandals, this year I switched to rope lights in the areas nearest the sidewalk. It wouldn't stop someone really determined but should cut down on the casual bulb-breaking and bulb-stealing, which were the problems I had last year.

Reply to
raydunakin