Christmas Lights

wrote:

I would but I'm too busy banging my head against the monitor.
Much better.
John
snipped-for-privacy@weinerboy.org wrote:

Plus, in the summertime it can double as a bug zapper for the entire neighborhood.
snipped-for-privacy@weinerboy.org wrote:

I'm sure a lot of the market for this service is people with more money than time, but there's also the seniors who want lights but are getting too old to put them up themselves. Also, in some cases it's a matter of safety and having the right equipment.
I've been tempted to hire someone to put lights along the edge of the roof on the second story of our house. It would look great to have lights up there but I can't reach it even with my neighbor's 18' extension ladder. Actually, if I could just get some hooks installed, maybe I could hang the lights myself using a really long pole.
BTW, to deter the vandals, this year I switched to rope lights in the areas nearest the sidewalk. It wouldn't stop someone really determined but should cut down on the casual bulb-breaking and bulb-stealing, which were the problems I had last year.
Tod,
Catch up with the times, not a Tesla Coil, a mid-power laser.
Paint anything you want on the house (or the neighborhood), just watch out for burn in.....
Bob Ellis
BTW, Putting up other peoples lights is pretty big business here in Denver, what else are all those landscaping businesses going to do during the winter? Of course, they also shovel walks, drive ways and parking lots, but that's just to keep them busy till spring.