CYA. I'm done.

I can highly recommend The Rocketry Forum as an alternative to RMR for great rocket people and excellent rocket advice....and NO politics allowed as its a moderated forum..... shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

BS. I've seen posts from Gary Rosenfield, Anthony Cesaroni, Korey Kline, plus the usual Bob Kaplow, and many, many others that I respect, and yes that includes Jerry.

Mike Fisher Binder Design

Reply to
Mfreptiles

Which one?

Mike Fisher

Reply to
Mfreptiles

No thanks. I can see such a policy being used, far too easily, to keep certain specific viewpoints from being expressed (i.e., by declaring them to be unacceptably "political").

Who moderates the "Moderator"?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I can't speak for this one, but there is a VERY fine line between moderated and censorship. And politics is part of our hobby, wether it be discussions about BATF regulation, TRA motor certifications, HPR magazine constantly failing to deliver on its promises, or NAR policies. To make those topics off limits is a dis-service to the hobby.

I can speak for ROL, which s not moderated, but CENSORED with the same heavy hand as TRA itself.

Bob Kaplow

To that I'd have to add 3 NAR trustees: Bunny, Mark Johnson, and George Gassaway.

Bob Kaplow

And that is the $64K question...

Bob Kaplow

Interesting. I've been able to build and fly some very large rockets without having to talk about all the things you just mentioned.

I think several guys have some axe to grind. The hobby will certainly survive without bitching about some dumb magazine.

Reply to
Golf nut

david: the point is NO political views are allowed at ALL...ZERO..ZILCH..NADA... SO all the discussions are on topic about rocketry issues and howto's,tips,good advice,etc.... its an oasis in the middle of a desert....... its a breath of fresh air....You can continue to express your political opinions here if you so desire..

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Correct.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

This fourm is totally unmoderated so, there are no leaders. That is also why there is a lot of off topic stuff. There are a lot of people here with knowledge in a lot of areas that may be losely coupled to rocketry. I think that helps inject new ideas that may be outside the box type thinking.

Just about all of the rock throwing is related to political discussion. If you like political discussion, read them. Otherwise don't. I think the fourms that are purely technical are missing areas of rocketry that are relevent to many people. Face it politics is everywhere.

I view the messages here sorted by subject. In at least half of them, I haven't even looked at the message that started the thread let alone anything inside the thread. When I open a thread, I see who has posted messages on the subject. From past experience, if I see a blend of messages from certain people in certain quantities, I don't read the messages.

FWIW

Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

that is the remarkable aspect of rmr, no suppression of viewpoints

if a lower S/N ratio is the consequence, I find that acceptable

other moderated forums are available for those who prefer the policies of another forum (ROL, TRF, etc.)

they all have their place

if there were no unmoderated forums in the rocketry universe, we would be missing valuable exchanges

my $0.02

- iz

David We>

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

you have seen neither the last, or the worst, of the DoJ/BATFE

if we are not vigilant and protective of our rights, we will surely witness their erosion accelerate

we will tell our grandchildren of "the good old days of HPR", because they will be history

Hatch-Kohl substitute for bill S.724, sanctioned by the DoJ:

"0.9 lb MODEL rocket motors used in RECREATIONAL MODEL rockets"

the former likely to be single use, no metallic casing and of limited impulse

the latter likely to be cardboard and plastic, no composites, and limited in weight

and nothing resembling experimental amateur rocketry outside of academia, commerce, and the military

- iz

Golf nut wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

More to the point we would have 100% propoganda information control by the dishonest "moderators".

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes, and 15 message glue threads that turn into 125 message rants about posting etiquette. Even debates have moderators or time limits for speakers. How many posts can one make of the same thought before the thread becomes 'do to, do not'?

Being a free for all makes rmr far less than 'valuable'.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

The fact that the 'dumb magazine' is still around, and supported (yes, supported) by TRA, prevents anyone else from realistically entering the market. Their are curently something like 3 rocket-oriented magazines (AFAIK), and HPR has a very spotty publishing record. If someone wanted to start a forth, in competition with TRA, it would be almost impossible, because a) the user base is not very wide, b) the TRA 'sponsorship' guarantees a certain amount of money to HPR, and c) folks having been 'burned' by HPR are less likely to send money to a new, unknown magazine.

Thus, the continued sponsorship of HPR by TRA, at least as run by Bruce Kelly, seems to be detrimental to the hobby. It may not be affecting you directly, but it's one of many things that is preventing growth of the hobby, and that has a DEFINITE (but indirect) approach on you.

I would further add that TRA shirking their responsibility as it regards HPR (though they've apparently taken some baby steps away from it) also does not bode well for the growth of the hobby, because it means that people are less likely to trust them in other areas.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Well, as you know, you are free to end any debate using the six letter name of the former dictator of Germany with the funny little mustache; but I don't see people exercising that option very often...

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Did it before I read this! Like minds . . . .

Scary Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Get rid of the Vic20 and get a real newsreader. That 2200 would have been paired down to a few hundred with the way I use Agent, and of the rest only a few dozen would have appeared interesting enough to open. If you're silly enough to be compelled to wade thru the static, you aren't smart enough to deal with rocketry anyway.

Tired of morons complaining about morons. Gary Crowell

(__ (__ (_____ (______ TM (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (__ (________ V1.64 (__ (__ (__ (__ (_____ (____ (__ (__ Freeware CP/CG Calculator (____ (______ (__ (c)1996 Gary A. Crowell Sr. snipped-for-privacy@cableone.net

Gary A. Crowell Sr.

Jerry? Oh, that's only 5.

Joel. phx

Reply to