CYA. I'm done.

Ray,

I wrote it. I stand by it.

If a TRA member wants the magazine, and they are renewing, they make a check out to TRA. TRA is then the 'vendor', as far as the member is concerned, for the magazine. Therefore, regardless of whether or not HPR sends a magazine out, TRA is the one 'on the hook' for delivering it to the member.

The only way out of this predicament would be for HPR to simply offer a 'discount' to TRA members, and there could be a referring URL on the TRA website to allow such. Having the money pass through TRAs hands still leaves TRA liable (and culpable).

If HPR is a separate entity from TRA, there should not be this level of relationship, especially given the past problems.

As far as my comment that TRA is 'guaranteeing' a certain amount, what I meant by that was that HPR magazine is guaranteed that any money paid with TRA renewals for a magazine goes into their hands -- not that TRA is guaranteeing a flat fee to HPR magazine.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

I can list you 9 names...

In retrospect this is a good thing. But not the way it was intended. It will speed up the decade long process of declaring HPR defunct, dumping them, and dumping those involved with the greatest sport rocket rip-off in history.

Bob Kaplow

Correct. ANd as long as they continue to funnel money made payable to TRA to HPR for non-magazines, and continue to give a for-profit business free advertizing on their web page, they have liability for that money. Ever see the TRA trade show booth, paid for with TRA money, with the big HPR banner strung across the front of it.

Bob Kaplow

Greater even than t-shirts that were 100% refunded?

Greater even than USR orders allegedly never delivered even though not one example ever came forward? Despite the internet?

Greater even than whatever caused TRA to decertify USR motors? Oh, wait! It is TRA we are talking about with the greater turbo-gross irregularities. I suppose those irregularities could poterntially transfer to certification issues as well.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Bob, it's a trade off. TRA gets free advertising in HPR.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Or they get no advertising when issues don't show up.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

It's also using a 501c3 non profit for personal benefit of a (former) director. It's a violation of IRS regs.

Bob Kaplow

"Duane Phillips" wrote in news:wW8Ib.11323$xX.34771 @attbi_s02:

I hereby claim trademark status on the new word, "Notvertising (tm)" that describes process of placing company information in HPR magazine.

David Wallis

Reply to
David W.

ROFL David. Can I therefore use it in any other context, such as but not limited to ER?

And I claim trademark status on the new word: "Banvertising (tm)" for advertisers banned from a magazine.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Chuck, I agree with 95% of your sentiment. I'd say 100%, but I do think that obscenity should be censored in this forum. There ARE youngsters that raed RMR.

Mark Simpson

And beyond that, there are mid-lifers and oldsters that prefer to not see it either...

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

I agree.