Estes Snapshot Flight Report

They invented it. We perfected it..8-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

In a later message he amended to the entire list of fraudulently certified reloads:

18mm RMS 24mm RMS 29mm RMS hobby version

And fraudulently certified motors:

Any since 1994 for which delay data is NOT published.

Essentially EVERY TRA TMT listed motor ever. With about 20 exceptions.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Then there's the whole debate, north american, south american.

What he really meant was USA is the center of the world, adjust to our lifestyle.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

And why would there be? Who's going to cluster a bunch of AP 18mm motors for high power?

Wait, I can see myself doing just that :)

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Phil Ste> The only motors Bob mentioned were 18mm. There are currently no 18mm

Reply to
nedtovak

Point!

:)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The worst-case downside to fraudulent certification by a certification body would be the AHJ requiring all motors certified by that body be retested by a competent group, and de-certified in the mean time. Wouldn't that be nice if in a NFPA state you suddenly couldn't fly any of the motors in your box.

Strict adherence to standards and tons of paperwork in a bank vault are a sure way to prevent government agencies from getting mid evil all over one's but ox.

I find it highly unlikely that an agency would go after an employee of a corporation in this type of matter. How many aircraft engineers have lost their house or served jail time for plane crashes. As you said, the insurance would likely take a walk, and any agency involved might issue fines against the corporation. The corporation is free of course to part ways with the employee.

Joel. phx (please note, I did not modify the attributions from the previous message, so if someone doesn't think they said what's quoted above, blame whom ever posted before me.)

Reply to
Joel Corwith

I refer you to my blessed DOT fine.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You're self employed dipshit.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Bob K. wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

Nope. Nice try.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Nope. John was quite anal about keeping data. I've posted a link to some of it on my CHAD web site. The "missing" (never existed cuz the tests were never done) data is from the 3 year period between John and Sue. Most of the never tested motors are as a result of Tom taking any motor type tested, and extending certification status to all delay values for that motor, regardless of whether or not they were ever actually tested. But I don't believe that accounts for it all.

Bob Kaplow

that should read ALL D24-* motors...

Bob Kaplow

Not sure what CAR does. NFPA 1125 requires it in the USA. NAR tests them all, and you can find the results of those tests on their motor PDF sheets. They list claimed and average test values for each different delay certified.

TRA claims to test to NFPA but fails to show the results.

Bob Kaplow

It's not old news if you're still not admitting it was done improperly in the past. The cover-up is current.

Bob Kaplow

Why is someone who lied about motor certifications still onthe TRA board.

Bob Kaplow

Who took over for Mark?

Bob Kaplow

As do I. I've repeatedly said that I would drop the issue and apologize as soon as the "missing" data is made public.

Bob Kaplow

I have no clue why TMT would test one single D24-10. Maybe they wanted to see if the stand could resolve a small motor. Maybe they had nothing better to do.

I don't know why they tested the F21 or other model rocket F or G motors.

Bob Kaplow

F/G's make sense as those are common in HPR impulsed clusters. The 18's on the other hand would be almost impossible, not because of the amount of 18mm AP motors needed for HPR but finding a suitable cluster ignitor small enough for a HUGE amount of 18mm AP motors.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
nedtovak

I'm glad to see that despite outward appearances at times, you guys don't really want to kill each other :-)

As for the English, there's plenty of people over here who speak some very funny 'English' - and I'm thinking mainly of people who were born here and probably have centuries of family history here! Not to mention the wonders of regional dialects....

-- Niall Oswald ========= UKRA 1345 L0 EARS 1151 MARS

"Gravity assisted pieces of the rocket raining from the sky should be avoided. It is also financially undesirable."

-Portland State Aerospace Society

Reply to
Niall Oswald