Estes Snapshot Flight Report

Who's stopping you ? Oh yeah, that's right, the DOT and the BATFE!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

The way you make excuses for them, it's no wonder they continue to pull this kind of crap. I guess TRA is a religion where the leadership is infallable. You have to have faith and believe.

If that is the case, I'm an atheist.

Bob Kaplow

The problem is that those untested motors are still out there, waiting to cause an accident that will affect MY hobby. I'm not willing to let a TRA lie put people at risk.

Bob Kaplow

What Ray said. I don't recall ever meeting Phil, but would welcome the chance. In almost 40 years of rocketry I've only had two encounters that were not civilized. In both cases the police were called to deal with the situation.

Bob Kaplow

Yeah, the worst-case downside would be something like a case where an insurer would try to weasel out of a claim by alleging that the accident in question had been caused by the safety code violation of "using a motor that had not been properly tested for listing as certified"... a little bit far-fetched IMHO, although in principle I can see that it would be a potential risk of having someone miss out on insurance money that could otherwise have been available to help deal with an accident.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Who's Dr. Marcus?

Reply to
RayDunakin

Reply to
RayDunakin

I doubt there are very many of those motors still in existence, since the ones you claim were not tested are well over 10 years old. Any that remain are probably in the hands of collectors.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Massive excuses.

solid as in not a gas and not a liquid? Because if you meant solid like proof sufficient for a court we were there a long time ago.

Over and over and over and over.

Like 14 years and counting for Kelly.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Don't worry. Some weenie from NIRA already used then at a local launch.

Reply to
Phil Stein

The thing is that the motors Bob is refering to would have had to been recertified at least once since this supposedly happened. That's one reason why it doesn't matter.

Bob - what motors are the ones you're talking about? Let's see when they were last tested.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Captain Kirk's ex wife. Their son took some short cuts building the Genesis device. I thought Bob would get it. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Typical TRA recertification is to ignore the rules and summarily renew them without testing.

Even I had that happen to me a couple of times. The samples I offered were refused and that was before I was personna nongratta.

ALL 18mm RMS from TRA TMT.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Are you refering to Sue declining to be you personal delivery service?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Nope. These examples preceeded her service.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I checked the TRA TMT web site & no 18mm motors are listed as having been tested by them.

I checked AT's web site & there are only 3 different 18mm motors made.

Reply to
Phil Stein

jerry's previous claims were that TMT took his samples and then burned them in rockets.

Which make believe story is it jerry?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

At the time I believe there was a wider selection of loads for the RMS18 case.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Jerry "BIG FINE" Irvine made a stand with the man and $40 K he had to pay Hey, what the deal--he continues to squeal.. Is it paranoia or just to annoy ya??

Reply to
WallaceF