here we go again: NAR vs TRA: clash of the titans

Perhaps you can EXPLAIN the difference for me then.

Thanks.

Drivel snipped.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

An organization can get a permit for a pyrotechnic display, but it can't get a pyro ops license. The display permit applies to an event. The pyro ops license applies to an individual.

If you still don't understand, please contact the CSFM and have them explain it to you.

=86

Reply to
raydunakin

That was my thread and it had absolutely nothing to do with whether the NAR or TRA was better. I was reminding folks that if they do not support their local club, then which organization they belong to could easily become moot.

My thesis was that, when all is said and done, many of us do not have the wherewithal to individually go out and have a HPR launch, heck I doubt if many could even do a LMR launch on their own. So, if the local clubs dry up from lack of participation, and people have to routinely drive several hours to fly, this will kill off the hobby due to attrition as fast as anything.

My essay was prompted by my difficulty, as a club president, to get people to help out. Consequently the same volunteers were burning out from being constantly asked to help

What I said was, paraphrasing myself:

Next time someone asks me which national organization to join, my advice would be that it does not matter, just join a local club and support rocketry at the local level. The national membership can come later.

I will concede that the thread did divert into the old "whose weenie is longer" debate, however that was not what the thread was about..

Al Gloer