NAr JR Certification Participation program

They've probably been taking lessons from the DEA's "watched reagents" program.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Or high explosives.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The LMR thing was more recent. The DOT shipping rules are much worse that they used to be. A real Jr. HPR program would require changes to CPSC and NFPA rules. It is hard to tell which way the FAA is shifting, but even now getting FAA waivers may depend on who you talk to at the FAA.

Kids trying to make motors because they cannot buy them.

Not what, who, lots of whos.

Reply to
Alan Jones

Might be a good new level for the Nartrek (Platinum?) to be playing with those tech-toy flights. Nartrek's good for the beginner that doesn't know yet what their personal obscession with the hobby will be. Though, personally, anything I'm interested in I'm already doing and don't see a reason to bother with it (and the one thing I haven't tried yet isn't included)

Chuck

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

Funny, that's the same amount of percentages that are fake (read: made up)

You gotta source for that? Or does your statistic fall into the General "BS" category?

Reply to
Strudleman

Looks like many have grown so old their youth is dead and buried. Being around young people does keep one young and I do enjoy talking with the present day youth movement in this hobby. If I ever act that old, crotchety and befuddled as some are here please tell me to leave. I will have ended my usefullness on this earth. :-)

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Real.

The combined number of folks certified by BOTH NAR and TRA is something like 1500 (worldwide). Number approximate and # of which are dad's unverified, so assume 100%.

The father population in the USA is something in the neighborhood of 70 million.

1500/80000000=1.875 E -5

So

0.00001875

1/99.999%=0.001%

0.00001

Unless I have slipped a digit somewhere, it is pretty close.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine