NARAM-45 RMR dinner Saturday August 2nd, Henderson KY

Well, it's 17 days to NARAM. Time to think about the annual RMR get together. Since there's stuff going on Sunday through Friday, Saturday evening August 2nd seems to work out the best. Probably 6:30 or so, since the range is open until 5.

Reply or email if you're interested, and look for a notice where ever NARAM news is posted in the Cramada and/or Super8. Suggestions for a place to dine are welcome. In the past, a cafeteria / buffet has worked out best as folks drift in.

Bob Kaplow

I'd love to be there, but I think we won't be arriving until about 7-8pm, leaving PA at about 5am.

PA Tom

Tom Ha

Bob: I have tried to email you twice to respond to your email , first with my hotmail.com addr and again with my private personal email addr: both times the messages bounce back...... shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Bob, Sounds like a great idea. You can count me in. As far as the NARAM news postings, will there be a news board at the Sleep Inn? David Logan NAR#79313

Dlogan

You mean you're going to miss the first day of flying? Or you're coming in late Friday night, thus dinner Saturday won't be a problem.

Bob Kaplow

Bounces back with what error? Sometimes the spamfilters are over-agressive. Also try it without the eisner (or the trabod!) ...

kaplow underscore r at encompasserve dot org

Bob Kaplow

Hey, time to put some faces to the names. We'll be there.

Reply to
James Reyome

I can't take Friday off, so I'm driving all day Saturday. Will be there Saturday night. I've never been able to get there for the first day of flying before. It seems I always need to drive a distance or have work interference such that I can't make it the first day. Many times I have problems making to the competitors meeting on Sunday afternoon/evening.

Maybe next year! :) Only a 3 hour drive!

Tom Ha NAR #76754

Tom Ha

If it happens so, I'll offer to have her as my family's guest at the Super8 pool.

We got reservations late at the Geneseo NARAM and ended up at the Holiday Inn down the street. More expensive, but the pool was nice (what little chance we had at it!).

Tom Ha

Tom Ha

What do you know that the rest of us haven't heard. Has the site for NARAM-46 been announced? Or even got any bids?

I thought I heard rumblings that the Phoenix folks wanted to do a NARAM. What ever happened to that bid?

Bob Kaplow

I advise against Phoenix in August. Most of the rocketeers I have met would be incompatible with that in a big way.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

We just called Monday for reservations. At first, I didn't think we would get a room any where, because my wife was doing a little swearing. Come to find out, it was because the only rooms available were at the Sleep Inn, with no pool. I tried to tell her, all we have to do is go a couple blocks down, there will be so many people they won't know the difference :-) David Logan NAR#79313

Reply to
Dlogan

I agree. I've lived there during the summer one year and it's no phun. But, it's become a tradition to hold Naram's during the time of year where it's usually miserable most places, so I say go for it to keep with tradition.

Kooch

Reply to
Kevin Kuczek

Anywhere but there! How about Montana?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

We survived Tucson just a few years ago! Just don't keep clay to balance your B/G in your rangebox!

Reply to
Dale Greene

But aren't they hosting another TARC? A NARAM in a day?

Bob Kaplow

I guess if you can host a NARAM in a day spreading one out over a week is a piece of cake! In checking the messages on contestRoc Dan Winings confirmed a bid has been made - guess we'll find out soon if it was accepted!

reposted from contestRoc

From: Dan Winings Date: Sun Jun 1, 2003 11:24 pm Subject: Re: [contestRoc] RE: NARAM sites

At 12:03 AM 6/28/03 -0400, you wrote:

Dan

Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size

4621 Re: NARAM sites James Duffy duffyaero Wed 7/2/2003 3 KB Message 4605 of 4810 | Previous | Next [ Up Thread ] Message Index Msg # Reply | Forward | View Source | Unwrap Lines

Copyright © 2003 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Copyright Policy - Guidelines - Help - Ad Feedback

Reply to
Dale Greene

Well, Trip is the head of the NARAM committee, so it's unlikely he'll reject his own proposal. I can think of worse places to go in August than the DC area. Although I recall prefering the NARAM-35 site to the NARAM-31 site, I've yet to see the TARC/NARAM-46 site.

What kind of waiver can it get?

Bob Kaplow

Are the dates announced yet. I like to anoy my boss by putting in vacation requests over a year in advance :-)

Bob Kaplow

I once turned in my resignation 6 weeks in advance...heheheheh that really annoyed that boss........ shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz