Poll Results, nar or TRA

Apparantly culture really does matter.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes, but Bob, research has shown that 23.295% of the time, you're flat out wrong, and 18.6% of the time, you're just making stuff up.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

I didn't even think about it until today, but to give you an idea of just how much it matters...

When we do our annual booth at the Offutt AFB Air Show, national organizations never come up, unless someone asks.

Why?

Because it doesn't matter. We're there to encourage folks to get involved with rocketry.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Yes, but what about the other 58.105% of Bob's time, what about that?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

The results are still out on that, but there is a 2.96% probability that he spends it speculating about how to spend 13.5% of his time.

-kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Yeah, What about the uncounted votes from Florida? Don't the words "hanging chad" mean anything anymore???!!?

Bob "Dimpled Chad" 352 ];>)

Reply to
bob352

I didn't realize that you knew me THAT well...

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Bob, when was the last time your house was debugged? ; )

Randy

<randyolb

Haven't had to do that for MANY years. Frontline is great stuff.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Especially if you're making yogurt. :)

Reply to
raydunakin

They meant a lot at Chad's trial. :)

Reply to
raydunakin

I don't agree that you disagree with what I said. I referred to the poll-taker's "choose only one" test of numbers to see who people would pick, not what they "get out of the hobby".

I doesn't really sound like you disagreed at all, for I agree on what you said after you said, "Here I disagree."

So is it not agreeable to agree that that we generally agree?

Seriously though, as it may be that most enjoy the club scene, I enjoy most teaching others model rocketry; such as that in Boy Scouts, friends and neighbors, which gives more satisfaction per hour and dollar and (most importantly) TIME, than the occasional larger model shoot with the club. By saying this I do not intend any nay-saying of club-based hobby activity, I STRONGLY recommend it. I personally get more enjoyment from teaching and launching the smaller stuff, due mostly to the smiles of the young people involved. Sure the big stuff is the "WOW!" factor of the hobby, but 99% of all hobby flights world wide has always been D and below, and probably 25% of those larger are done "don't ask, don't tell, and don't start any fires" style... but then again, those numbers represent my perception of the world and not necessarily reality.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Or rocket clubs with a failed magazine and dropping membership and radically increasing regulation, self and otherwise.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

This should be in the FAQ.

Under culture.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I've been thinking about this. I was judging a whole group of people based on the actions of a few. I am no better than those that I dislike. I apologize for this and will continue to support TRA as a whole.

Doc

Reply to
Doc

You've just described the hobby as a whole -- 99% of the people are good people. There are a few jerks and trouble-makers; the problem is that they stick out like a sore thumb. RMR is a prime example.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

99.9% of the complaints I hear, are on rmr.

Randy

<randyolb

Largely because it is the only "popular" venue where complaints cannot be edited, banned, concealed, or silenced.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Poor Jerry. Nobody wants to play with him, and it's everyone's fault but his own.

1
Reply to
raydunakin

Which totally explains why Jerry Irvine spends a huge percentage of his waking life here, bragging, whining, strutting, and preening like a crack-addled peacock.

Reply to
Huckleberry Hologram