Poll Results, nar or TRA

Hey Huckleberry (etc), at least I have made positive suggestions for meaningful changes to increase participation.

Nobody can deny I have a track record of that myself.

Jerry

Well, they could :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Too bad any positive suggestions you may have made have been buried under a flood of vitriolic attacks on TRA/NAR and endless unrealistic demands revolving around getting your illegal motors certified.

Reply to
raydunakin

How about cutting down on the number of posts where you just post: Point. Or some other such pithy rejoinder. It's extremely annoying. Like the whole f'ing universe is supposed to care what Jerry Irvine thinks of someone else's post. I know your impossibly towering ego will have a really hard time with this, but TRY.

Reply to
Huckleberry Hologram

On rmr pithy is a feature. Also anything at all positive is most welcome.

Major snips. For pith.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Those are not vitrolic attacks.

They are on-topic examples of bad policies and practices.

You never quite got that. I understand, being a lackey and all.

For an INTERNATIONAL organization with fewer than 3500 active members worldwide.

Yes worldwide.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Maybe, but I just get pithed off...

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Better than pithed on. ; )

Randy

<randyolb

At least when you make your point(less) posts, snip 98% or the re-re-re-posted text.

This goes for others too. Top posting sucks. Posting a one line response with NO textual context sucks more. Remember, news doesn't come in sequentially, so your post has no context. But that doesn't mean you need to post 100 lines of the thread to add 2 lines of your own.

Once upon a time, newsreaders across the net were set up to reject posts that were less than 50% new content. Ah, the good old days. Before SPAM, before phishing, before massive trolls, before Dinky.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Huh? What's top posting? What I am doing now? If so, I don't think it sucks, I think it's better then searching for the posters post at the bottom of 6 pages of reposted...umm...posts! ;)

-Rich

Bob Kaplow wrote:

Reply to
Rich Pitzeruse

Rich, you have finally put me in the unenviable position of being in agreement with Kaplow and disagreement with you.

Fer shame.

Reply to
Tweak

Ah HA!

Soooo you ARE a cotton pickin', finger lickin', chicken plucker!!!

Sorry, I should have said "Mr." cotton pickin', finger lickin', chicken plucker

; )

Randy

<randyolb

Been reading "Fox in Sox?" again? ;-)

My tounge is not made of rubber, I can't say such blibber blubber.

Reply to
Tweak

"You better not make a mistake."

- Rick "My old man's a refridgerator repairman" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

HA!

That's from the Smother's Brother's "Think Ethnic" album. Had it since 1969.

Randy

<randyolb

Hahahahah, that's one funny post! ;)

-Rich p.s. Until the RMR police arrive at my door and tell me otherwise, I th>

Reply to
Rich Pitzeruse

and one day-ay-ay if I ca-a-an I'll be a cotton pickin, finger lickin' chicken plucker the same as my ole' man

- iz

snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed [announce only]

Point.

(bottom posted)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

he wears a refrigerator repairman's rain coat, he wears a refrigerator repairman's shoes, and every Saturday evening he reads..... Playboy, what da ya think about that?

The best song on that album is the legend of John Henry. Whop!

Randy

<randyolb

From memory:

When John Henry was a little baby (ba-a-by) Sittin' on his daddy's knee He picked up a hammer and a little piece of steel And said "a goo goo gah goo gah goo"

He's just a little baby....

You gotta love Tommy Smothers.

- Rick "And snarling pumas" Dickinson

Reply to