Rocketry in Australia

snipped-for-privacy@mail.iinet.net.au (Impakt) wrote:

One person :)

I have proposed to Defence that a provision should be made for a range of increrased consumer-educational rocketry. They indicated they would likely be the ones to "push" any legislative changes needed to allow it.
They suggested the clubs form a proposal.
That's where it stopped, unless I unilaterally did it myself.
1. the club system in OZ is small and weak 2. There is plenty of infighting among the few 3. There is a lack of the "vision thing" since there are so few motors CURRENTLY available.
I for one stand ready to assist.
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Here come dem "model airplane parts"... (:-)

Fred,
How about a list of who 'Big Fine' will be owing money once he starts exporting dem 'Model Airplane Parts.' Also if you have it handy, weather or not they have extradition agreements with the US.
Unfortunately Jerry this shows how little you know about rocketry and its regulation down here. Kind of similar to your grasp of the law.
You want to enlighten RMR as to why DOD cant change the situation?? I am betting you dont have a clue.. so lets see with your keen mind for all matters legal just how close you can get and last time I looked ADFA dont have a rocketry program.
Ready to assist, the only assistance I have heard you providing was trying to arrange questionable shipments. But as I was not a witness to those deals I guess thats just hearsay :-) David

To begin with, as I said, they would like to see consensus on what to change "to".

The only shipments I have made have been consumer rocket kits.
With your "help", I expect it to stay that way.
Jerry

So from your response I guess your answer (or lack of one) is no and you truly dont have a clue?
Then how about you not provide ill informed advice to those who are serious about the development of the hobby and really do know the rules and regulations.
Interesting.. I have some documents here from an attempt failed attempt to do a deal on propellant, they do make interesting reading.
Careful Jerry, Australia and the USA do have an extradition treaty for criminal offences.
David
Remember Jerry, Prozac is powerful, but Lithium loves you.
David Wilkins wrote:

Could You post those?
I would like to see them, as I'm sure others would too.
Dave,
No as these are between Jerry and other parties.
Fortunatly the folks wised up before they got stung.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

jerry, Who is "they", that you refer to?

"Unilaterally" do what, yourself?

you are an expert at fraud and deceit, but how does that "assist" anybody besides you?

This made me wonder, if a person is certified in the U.S. by NAR / TRA, is it honored in other countries and vice versa?
Randy http://vernarockets.com /

I would think if it is a NAR or TRA club it would be (which is my point). Since outside of NFPA-1127 states inside USA, the Level certification program has no meaning at all except to clubs.
Jerry

Australia will recognise NAR and TRA certs, but that means nothing realy because you need a permit from the state gov (and that now includes a requirement for police clearance (in West Aust at least). So, without the police clearance and state permit, NAR and TRA certs mean nothing. But if you do have thoes things, the clubs will honour your certs.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

wise.
Why don't you move there and show them how to do it?

So are users precluded from removing HPR motors from this particular site from on-site sales?
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Yes, and they can't ship them marked as "model airplane parts" either.. (:-)

Don't be so sure.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Go for it; "live the life stile"!! (;-)
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Stupid is, as stupid does.
Jerry you know you cant.
Shipment or submission for shipment of ANY hazardous goods by the postal service is an offence in Australia.
Just as you cant ship to anyone who does not hold a valid import permit "prior" to arrival of the propellant.
Oh, and you need to have the propellant approved by the local authorities.
On 25 May 2005 06:07:19 -0700, "David Wilkins"

Poor Jerry.
Almost the whole world is against him.
Jerry maybeyou could Africa or Antartica.