Rocketry in Australia

Well, what I got was someone's about to try and bring it back. That's a good thing, right? (half full) ; )
Most clubs start with 3-4, they have 8? It's a start. It takes some work and
persistence. It sounds like Impakt can be the core of revival. Good luck to his group.
Impakt, if you think of a way we can help, let us know.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /

I'm doing my best, but I'm one person. I need other Aussies to get off their backsides and be proactive in promoting the hobby.

Thanks, but unless you can do something about the strangle hold our hobby wholsaler has on us, I'm afraid the future looks grim. The best motors I could get this season were a couple of F40 Ecconojets. No 29mm RMS at all, and not much in the way of 24mm RMS either - mostly just D15's.
I requested an entire list of AT motors that my local has available. (Hobby Shop....Not the Pub)
Most would prob. tell me go jump but I do spend many thousands $ there. I hope I'm a valued customer..... :-)
They have the following left -
AET-40904 1 - D9-4x3pac AET-41304 1 - D13-4x3pac AET-41307 2 - D13-7x3pac AET-41310 1 - D13-10x3pac AET42407 2 - D24-7x3pac AET-74004 2 - G40-7 AET-62004 5 - F20-4 AET-62007 2 - F20-7 AET-51504 3 - E15-4 AET-53004 1 - E30-4 AET-42104 4 - D21-4 AET-78004 3 - G80-4 AET-78007 3 - G80-7 AET-73507 1 - G35-7x2pac
Time to spend some more Dosh!!!

On Mon, 30 May 2005 11:17:32 +1000, "CJC"

Well thats a damn site more then what's left in WA.
What shop?
*hopes it's in Melbourne*
CJC wrote:

Nope its not in Melbourne, Its Bergs Hobbis in Paramatta (a suburb of Sydney)
Peter is a very nice guy and a real supporter of Rocketry in AU.
Regards
David Wilkins
snipped-for-privacy@mail.iinet.net.au (Impakt) wrote:

I made a fairly large effort to fix that. David Wilkins and certain Tripoli USA folks over here felt it was the right thing to do to try to frustrate my efforts.
It worked.
Destruction is so much easier than building.
You never know, I may regain interest in Australia. I like the place and I feel rockets belong everywhere.
But at this point for obvious reasons the only truly successful effort will NOT involve Tripoli at any level.
In the mean time you do have Dawn Trading. High prices, high minimums and long lead times. But it is your only real option today.

That is a common comment.
Have them contact me.
You never know.
Near as I can tell you have no better options.
Jerry

Have them contact me.

I can help.
MUST be TRA-free zone however.

Hey Jerry - where are you storing those motors? In a magazine? Are you living the lifestyle?

In Australia?

That's funny. That was the condition in HPR before I spread it nationwide in the USA in 1978-84 and started hosting regular HPR launches in about 1986-92, resulting in vast club growth.
Perhaps you simply need a commercially viable product with a proven marketing plan. And deep availability.
Jerry

Why don't you load up a container with kits & motors and send it down there?
On Mon, 23 May 2005 19:19:09 -0400, Phil Stein

not a bad idea. We need motors - 29mm stuff and large 24mm stuff. And I just wrote off my estes executioner, so I am in the market for a 24mm rocket to replace it. At least I will be when I have the funds...
snipped-for-privacy@mail.iinet.net.au (Impakt) wrote:

A sea container is about $250,000 wholesale of goods. Mail me a deposit :)
Jerry

What happened to bill on delivery - come on - walk the walk

You are VERY long on talk and VERY short on walk.

You would be entitled to say that IF I was the one always asking if I may send some stuff and bill you on delivery or IF I were the one talking about living the life style.

I blame it all on Dawn Trading, the hobby shops and the draconian laws that govern the hobby. This year I had to get police clearance to be able to apply for my permit to purchase composite motors which requires photo ID and proof of membership in a rocket club. Next year they will want a DNA sample - I'm sure of it.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

LOL! Look who's talking!
On Tue, 24 May 2005 08:24:37 +1000, "CJC"

When was the last time you saw a mid power kit in a hobby store? That's how I found out about mid/high power rocketry - from seeing aerotech kits in the shop - so I bought two of em in 2002 and the shop hasnt replaced the ones I bought yet. I bought the old NCR launchpad & firecontrol kit they had and thats all the mid power launch stuff they had - if shops carried the stuff, people buying their estes toys might see a real rocket and say 'wow! gotta have one of thoes!' just like I did.