Sad example of nanny govt damaging our hobby

So by definition , you are being intolerant (no tolerance = intolerance) therefore you are a hypocrite.

And the next Girl Scout meeting can be attended by a bunch of boys, oops, there's that intolerance thing again.

PC is stupid all over.

Reply to
a0002604

In other words, the government discriminates against groups based on their religious and/or moral beliefs.

Like I said, "tolerance" is reserved for only those whose beliefs are deemed politically correct. It's a very two-faced system.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Bingo!

Reply to
RayDunakin

I think Bob Dylan said it best: "Don't hate nothin' at all... except hatred!"

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Exactly! Why isn't it "I pledge allegiance to the bird" (bald eagle)? Or "I pledge allegiance to the White House"? Too many symbols that mean not much. All too often, people do pledge allegiance to the almighty dollar. They will screw over their brother for a few bucks. And that bites.

James

BTW, I do fly the flag on holidays. And I fly it at launches. I just don't agree with pledging my allegiance to it. The country, yes. The flag, no.

Reply to
James L. Marino

That still doesn't help the family that just shows up on the spur of the moment like we get all the time at NIRA launches.

Bob Kaplow

Oh, that's different. Never mind :-)

Bob Kaplow

how pathetic. are you trying to be funny?

the GS does not take any public assistance (federal or state $$$) so they can make whatever rules they want.

no disagreement there.

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

As soon as I figure out what hypocracy is, I'll get back to you. The idea that if you want to meet with a like minded group on publicly owned property must bow to the dictates of an amoral out of control government, I suggest a reading of the first amendment is in order.You do remember that thing right? That thing the left trots only when urine covered crucifixes, people who hate the US, anti-God zealots, and proabortionist forces are involved.

How about I try out for the next Special Olympics, or the next Redman of the USA meeting? I suspect I will get nowhere since they have exclusionary rules. Are you going to ban them too? Or only the Boy Scouts?

Reply to
a0002604

Confused me for a moment, that is for certain.

Reply to
Tweak

Oh Dave. The first rule of Trollism is to make sure you read what you are going to troll about. You are replying to this post:

"Interesting paraphrase, Dave. How 'bout a hypothetical question for you?"

So to answer your question, it is a hypothetical question, ie, not an actual incident. And I should have predicted your answer better, so I'll now answer in Dave speak.

You're right Dave, it's time we all stood up against the overbearing government and started to live the life! It's up to each of us to take a stand and disobey the _laws_ that the man has saddled us with. Just because an FAA official say's something is dangerous, and has the ability to turn us over to the man for doing it, doesn't mean it's wrong, regardless of the punishment. Right?

steve

Reply to
default

Both are IRS 501c3 orgs, so they avoid paying taxes. Which makes them subject to certain regulations. Just like NAR and TRA.

Bob Kaplow

But there's no FAA rep on-site making a go | nogo decision. This is being screwed up by a paper pusher back in some office desk.

And in the case I'm involved with, it's not even the FAA, but the municipla airport manager. The FAA folks actually understand the rules and are helping out.

Bob Kaplow

Impossible with the likes of you and Fred Wallace in our midst.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Since you asked, NTSA.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Excellent point! Congrats!!!! However it must be proven that the operations are unsafe. At least that is what the Chicago TRACON told me. You cannot just "say" something is unsafe. It must be proven.

Reply to
Greg Cisko

A. How are you involved? I believe I am in the hotseat on this one.

  1. You are correct about the FAA folks :-) The airport manager and that whole deal is dispicipal. Or however you spell it!
Reply to
Greg Cisko