Airfix F-105?

In the window of a local toyshop today, I noticed an Airfix F-105F/G Thunderchief kit.

I can't find any reference to the kit on the Airfix website or at Hannants. Is this a new kit from Airfix? It is certainly in a modern style box. Or is it the old Monogram kit from about 25 years ago?

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Airfix released a 1/72 F-105G Wild Weasel back around 1983 or so. It suffered from a forward fuselage that was too wide but otherwise was an OK kit. It was also sold under the MPC brand.

Martin

Reply to
The Collector

The kit was originally released as an "F" and was later modified to the F/G. It dates from the "Palitoy Period" and is fairly simple, but a nice kit nonetheless.

John

Reply to
John Walker