Pylons for F-15E in 72nd scale

Does any after-market manufacturer make the long pylons, located on the underside of the CFT's on the F-15E? Or do they come standard with any F-15E kit in this scale? I've got Hasegawa and AMT kits.

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

Ken O

Good enough!

Thanks,

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

Yes, the Airfix kit does have the correct smaller pylons to go onto the CFT's on the bEagle. If you're looking to backdate and do the _OLD_ style pylons, the Monogram F-15E is a quite decently accurate kit of the prototype bEagle and has the long 'rod type' MERs set to carry 500#'s. Neither the Airfix or the Monogram kits are anything to write home about. Having said that, however, I do have to say that you get quite a bit more than what you're paying for in both kits. Big problem with the Monogram is the fuselage halves don't line up well, and the Airfix kit suffers from the same airbrake problem that ALL 1/72 kits seem to and that the plastic is quite soft and usually warped.

Hope that this helps!

-Drew

Reply to
Drew Hill