"Civilianized" Aircraft Ejection Seats

Bill, the same dickheads who drive civillian Hummers...

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

EH?? Rufe, you must have some damn big kittys in your neighbourhood. I've been out after the ferals around here, and .303 works well, but it's expensive to feed. Dum-dummed .22 or .222 works as well, and its lots cheaper...

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

So do I...and it's raining. Got my fill of riding in the rain a couple weeks ago...made it to Red Rock and it opened up on me...that sucked.

But yeah - me and the GF have been trying to get a ride down to V-town for a long time now. Next sunny weekend...I hope.

Reply to
Rufus

The real problem is the scary stories of the jack rabbits out in the far reaches of our ranges...over three-foot tall, I''ve head some say...

Anyway, I have lots of space to play with, and I like shooting over long distances. I've never gotten to play with a .50, and if I had the time and money to buy and feed one I LOVE the hell out of a Barrett. Though I'll settle for an AR-10 once I get past a few bills...coyotes, mountain lions (our bigger kitties), bears...oh my...

Reply to
Rufus

great. i'll show you the pretty sr.

"Bill Woodier" wrote in news:tDfee.753$%H2.268@trnddc06:

I collect military firearms. I would love to get a real Thompson, a Sten and a BAR. Why? Well for one thing they are historically significant. Aside from that why is noone's damn business but my own. Why is not a question that politicians should be asking us. Why is a question only my wife gets to ask as we have joint finances. If I want it, can afford it and do not harm my fellow man why is it anyone's business what I own.

Fella nearby named Alan Coors has a collection of armor that spans tan FT-17 to late model ex-soviet block items. I nearly drove off the road the first time as 3! yes 3! went by on the circuit. Off the top of my head a Valentine, Matilda, Grant, a Bren Carrier, Shermans, an M-18, an M-10 or M-36, a Hetzer, an M-41, T-55, T-62, etc. He even had an M-16 unfortunelately horribly defaced. Oh and a US 37mm towed antitank gun.

All defaced to satisfy the n*****ts at BATF. I find such alterations adsurd, unneccessary and destruction of historical artifacts. Somehow I can't picture Alan or any of his people taking the Sherman out to shoot up the neighborhood. In fact with all the surplus vehicles in this country the only one I've ever heard of being abused was when a National Guardsman took a National Guard M-60 for a joy ride. Oh yeah lets only let the government employees have access to such things, they are so much more stable than the rest of us.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Like the pretty bare metal one with all the lights across the roof that comes around here. It looks like an old Japanese tin toy with a wind-up key. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

i'm saving for some things i need to finish the triumph...and i need a top end for the hot rod sr. the right seat is everything. i need a recliner.

I really like the stock seat on my '98. Just the right amount of back support without having a full-on backrest. But I'd like to drop some big bux on it and put a belt primary on it...

And I've got some steel stock lying about waiting on me to bend it into sissybars. Projects...

Reply to
Rufus

Rufus, best thing about living is Aus is the lack of big predators... the down side is the various stinging, biting, venomous little buggers that make up 95% o the fauna here. It's a bit hard to line up a taipan or a redback with a .303... But yeah, gotta agree - playing with a Barrett for a while would be a bit of fun.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

I have to agree with you there - I generally have no fear of the ones I can see...it's the ones I can't see that I worry about.

.50 = fun...BIG fun...

Reply to
Rufus

yeah, projects...