enzo

you're the costal command guy, so please tell me about the walrus, a question i can't find online. were any painted in the almost all white scheme except for the very upper surfaces? like the sunderlands and wellington, etc aircraft? like this one except even more white. i'm sure you know which i mean?

've finished the yellow aussie one that was rescued and restored. then i thought of how cool one would be in that cc scheme. thanks.

Reply to
someone

To my recollection, I've never seen a picture of a Walrus in that colour scheme.

That scheme was used for "General Reconnaisance" aircraft - what today would be termed "Maritime Patrol". It was introduced in July 1942. By that time the Walrus had long since been withdrawn from patrol duties.

I wouldn't say that the Walrus was *never* painted in that scheme, just that I've never seen any evidence of it. However, some Walrus aircraft in the early war period were painted with a very high demarcation line for the Sky Grey undersurfaces.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix