F-100 Details

I've been reading the Detail and Scale booklet on the F-100 with the idea of making a F-100D from either the Italeri or ESCI kit. The book makes a number of references to "Band-aid reinforcements" on the F-100D but gives no details.

Does anyone know where these are on the airframe, what they look like and when they were applied? I intend to use aftermarket decals and I don't want to put "pre-Band-aid" markings on a "post-Band-aid" aircraft.

Has anyone found a relatively painless way to remove the unwanted extra frame line from the Italeri canopy? Any information gratefully received as always.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin

Gordon: In case you were not aware of this, here's an excellent reference site for the Hun:

Good luck with your build! Mike

Reply to
Mike J. Idacavage

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin

Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I've just returned from a short holiday in London (it's now 1:00am) but I'll have a look at the site tomorow.Thanks again,

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin