[GEN] Hobby Lobby Thanksgiving sale

e,

I might as well *really* rub it in: The Home Depot with it's bulk volumes of sandpaper, Dremel accessories, bulk thinners, plastics, putties, epoxies, etc. is 100 yards from both the HL and the War Room and all are across the intersection from my favorite Adult Beverage store.

However, I'll try to make it up to you:

If you're serious about wanting a 1/48 B-29, I'll go price it for you this evening or tomorrow morning. If I remember the size of that kit correctly, postage will be around $7-$8 for USPS Priority Mail assuming you're in the US. Whatever postage is, I'll do it at cost. Unless I have one big enough in my stash of boxes (sore subject for the Mrs.) I'll probably have to buy a shipping box for it as the kit box will not withstand shipping. [As an aside, I once had an e-Bay shipper send me a big kit by simply wrapping brown paper around the kit box. The box arrived trashed although the contents weren't harmed. I left positive feedback, but in a separate e-mail to the Seller I mentioned that it should have been better wrapped. The guy went non-linear! A real jerk.]

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

i am very serious. i do know a shipping trick, take a cardboard box apart, then cut two panels slightly larger than the kit box. center the kit, fold the excess over and tape together. instant custom box. buying boxes is a big waste of money. you can dumpster dive a large box and with a few snicks of the xacto, boom, shipping box. does that sound ok to you? i can send the money upfront, just give me a total and i'll drop a check n the mail. and if they don't have the b29, the b17 is fine. i have the b24 already. rubbing it in is ok, i'll reverse by saying it''s still shirt sleeve weather here and the leaves are still on the trees. we should get winter around xmas and the spring will be here the end of february. hehehehe. thanks very much. just let me know what you need.

e,

Got me on the weather here in Atlanta, currently 45 although going to 70 by Monday.

If they have both the B-29 and the B-17(not likely) which do you prefer? Both?

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

if you can get the pair for $60 total, both would be great. if not, the b29 first and b17 as the fallback. i don't mind 45 at night. but i hate having to wear a sweater during the day. thanks for your help.

Anything new since the last sale?

Reply to
tomcervo

e,

No luck tonight at the closest store . In fact, it appears they have not re-stocked since early to mid-summer as the last two sales in October and August had essentially the same kits. To be the biggest shopping weekend of the yer, their model inventory is way down. My guess is they are de-emphasizing models.

I'll check one ot two others tomorrow.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

i appreciate the efforts but don't go too far out of your way. if they have a sale the week of xmas, i may be able to look myself. there is a store on the way to my sis and i believe st louis has a few? is there anything you need? i do music also if you have any great lost tunes you can't find. thanks.

Why don't you guys take this to email? I'm not picking on you in particular but I've seen lots of others carry on what's essentially a private conversation on Usenet and I'm curious as to why _anybody_ does it.

And no, I'm not irritated. As I said above, just curious...

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I was doing it because he doesn't have an e-mail address posted. Of course, I can ask for one and will do so.

The other reason I kept it in the the group was to see if others were observing the same declining plastic model inventory as I'm seeing in Atlanta. One of the other threads seems to confirm this. Others describe their HL trips in detail. I enjoy those posts and saw no reason to do otherwise.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

We have 3 Hobby Lobby Stores in Colorado Springs. The one on 8th street has a manager who knows models. They were well stocked including the Revell big U-Boat and a nice new selection of Hasegawa

1/72 Aircraft that I haven't seen before. They also had several of the high end 1/32 aircraft kits. The Armour and Autos are also very well represented. At 50% off, it's hard to walk away without an arm full.
Reply to
Count DeMoney

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Sorry, I just got this message. I use Goole as my email reader and it hasn't been posting new messages since Friday morning until just a few minutes ago. I'm not sure if I can sneek a run by there after dinner but you never know.

Reply to
Count DeMoney

I suspected that was at least part of the reason. I see that he's now given you an email address to use.

Reply to
Al Superczynski