OT: Anybody home?

The last couple days very few posts have shown up on my RMS newsreader. Is everyone taking a holiday from RMS or am I having a problem with my newsreader?

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

There wre rumours flying around on news.admin.net-abuse.email that AOL has discontinued support for newsgroups. I don't know how large a grain of salt to serve with this, but I can tell you that here on Supernews it's been business as usual...

Care to try an alternate news server?

Reply to
Jeff C

I've noticed the same problem from here in the UK Bill. Digging a little deeper, posts are showing up when looking through rec.models.scale on Google, and either appearing several hours later through my OE newsgroups, or not showing up at all. I've noticed similar delays with email relays from groups such as AC Walk and other Yahoo groups too. Maybe everyone's doing their server upgrades or something.

Chek Change' boos' to 'bos' in address to email directly

Reply to
Chek

I was just about to comment myself- I usually get 35-40 hits a day, yesterday was about a dozen, and today, six.

Maybe everybody is building models?-----Nahhh. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

I know my server is acting up...I can't seem to see myself...

Reply to
Rufus

very few hits here and none of my posts of the past week are showing...assuming this one does

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

It has.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Hmmmm....you and Bill are both on AOHell - think there might be a common problem there? ;)

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Didn't here...

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Could be. I am also on aol and suffering the same malady. I have read many replys to post without ever having seen the original post appear. Infact monday or tuesday i receieved 6 post one of which was an original post that had been replyed to last week.

Reply to
ARMDCAV

playground rumors suggest aoshit is dumping usenet accsess.

Was chatting with AoL yesterday, they didn't know anything about it, but said they would look into the problem. I wonder if it has anything to do with those "receipes" that surfaced last week?

The Old Timer

It actually did show up for me.First thing in about a week that I posted and saw. Is this a glitch somewhere,a virus,or some sort of DOS attack on RMS?

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

It's your newsservice. Mine has actually shown an increase in posts; about 350 today. Since we're both on aohell it should be the same. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Yeah, a lot of posts are showing up ten days later. It's the prelude to AOHell shutting down the newserver service. I wonder if that means I'll get a price reduction? Beers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

I'm trying out a new news server through Verizon. this is my first post and I'm trying to see what it looks like. By the way, when I signed on, there were some 16, 000+ posts so I think I'm getting them ALL now :~)

Cheers; Bill Woodier

Reply to
WILLIAM AMP H Woodier
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Mine says there's a total of 68,000 messages but only a few unread yet.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Bill Banaszak, MFE>

69,000 messages, damn. Decisions, decisions, read, build.... Ya gonna live long enough to finish either one?

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete the word spam from email addy

Reply to
TimeTraveler658