OT: anyone getting a strange Earthlink email bill???

I got two email bills saying that a $10.97 charge did not go thru my credit card and to call with info, etc.

strange since my monthly bill is $22, not $10.97.

usually get bogus ebay and paypal stuff, but this is a first for earthlink.

anyone else?

now to find a phone # for Earthlink to give them a call. anyone got one off hand?

thx - Craig

Reply to
Craig

credit card and to call with info, etc.

Who were they: Bill Shuey and Bill Banaszak?

-- Dennis Loep The Glueing Dutchman

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny ...'" Isaac Asimov

Reply to
Dennis Loep

I got it too. It's got to be bogus. For one thing, it referenced a credit card type I don't use, and for another, the bill format does not match those of real Earthlink invoices. Beyond that, I'm paid through part of next month already.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

It is definitely bogus....a.k.a...a scam. Note that they ask you to verify your account info (including Credit Card info) by email.....

Reply to
Greg Heilers