that sucks AND blows.

Reply to
someone

Don Stauffer in Minnesota wrote in news:665e0f5f- snipped-for-privacy@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Apparently you missed "Enterprise."

cd

Reply to
Carl Dershem

Enzo Matrix wrote: : : Add to that the fact that the film will be produced by JJ Abrams, who is the : creator of "Lost" (the biggest load of over-rated crap *ever* ), : The most I have seen of "Lost" is ads, but I have to ask - How does the fat guy stay fat? Or was he REALLY fat to start with?

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Carl Dershem wrote: : : Apparently you missed "Enterprise." : You mean there is something to see besides Jolene Blalock? It was not as bad as I had anticipated. Of course, Ms. Blalock contributed to that immensely.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

maybe just a ringworld. but if larry nive is there writing sickwells, i'm outta there.

Reply to
someone

Must be a big Dyson!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr. ;)

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Season 4 of "Enterprise" cleared up the problems. Admittedly they had to jump through a couple of hoops to do it, but in the end everything was self consistent.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

In the written version prior to that movie the Enterprise was built on the surface of Earth at San Francisco, which is why she has a Naval Construction Contract number. (actually it was inspired by the registration number of Matt Jeffries' Waco YOC biplane; NC 17740:

) Specifically, the Enterprise was supposed to have been built at the "old" San Francisco Navy Yards in the book "The Making Of Star Trek" from 1968, which presumably means the Mare Island Navy Yards. In the teaser trailer, it does appear to be being built on the Earth's surface on a foggy night, like one would expect around San Francisco:
here's where the idea came from:
Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Dirty stinking lying stuck-up Vulcans.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

That's just the sort of trick those Vulcans would pull, isn't it? "The Earthmen will stare at her large breasts while we pull the wool over their eyes, like the dirty stinking liars we are. The plan is flawlessly logical. They were even foolish enough to believe us when we said we never lie...which was of course a lie. Next we must breed with one of their women to create a green-blooded, inhuman, mutinous, disloyal, and computerized half-breed who can subvert their most skilled starship captain into seeing things our way at the proper time in the future. We shall use Sarek to accomplish this years from now when he is in Pon farr, as he is a more skilled liar than even the rest of us are, and is hung like a le-matya." :-D

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

No, I felt the same way about Enterprise. I will occasionally watch a rerun if that is the only thing on TV, but even then, frequently I turn it off and listen to music.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

I thought it had promise early on that they threw away,tho I did like the 2nd half of the final season,not counting the utter crap that was the last episode.Did they EVER resolve that temporal war mess?

Reply to
eyeball

Beats me. I got thrown off by that whole season where Archer goes ape after the Zandi (?). None of that was taped and as far as I'm concerned, it never happened.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

eyeball wrote: : I thought it had promise early on that they threw away,tho I did like : the 2nd half of the final season,not counting the utter crap that was : the last episode.Did they EVER resolve that temporal war mess? : I think it got lost in the 3rd season "Hail Mary" attempt to get more viewers interested in a bad guy that clearly deserved a good ass kicking, rather than these super stealthy temporal guys that Capitan Leaper could never talk about.

Besides, the "according to the Vulcan Science Academy, time travel is impossible..." joke was wearing more than a bit thin.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

The third season Xindi arc was the resolution of the temporal cold war story.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

All I remember about that is that at the end,the bad guys blow up and Sam wakes up in Alien/Nazi WWII...Oh boy!

Reply to
eyeball

:-D

Actually that story "Storm Front Pts 1 and 2" is the very final resolution of the Temporal Cold War story.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

The only worthwhile episodes I recall (apart from Jolene's shower and massage scenes) were the two Mirror Darkly throwback jersey episodes. OK, I rather enjoyed "Carbon Creek" too. Overall Blaylock and Tucker were all I ever enjoyed out of this show. The rest was typical Treknobabble spiked with sagging plots and thin acting diluted even further by having too many heroes on the ship scrapping for lines. If Kirk was a ham gobbling up scenery like a planet killer, Archer was a moody lout who did not want to command a ship. That might make for intriguing thought in a novel or a single episode, but it makes for pretty bad premise for a TV series.

You know things are bad when you miss Kate Mulgrew. Her portrayal of Janeway was as close as I thought we'd ever get to see walking, talking cardboard. Then came Archer. Oy. If you can out deadpan the girl playing the alien that possesses no emotional outlet - you know you're ship's in trouble.

Enterprise was stillborn from the start. What can you expect from a show that didn't have Star Trek in its title the first season or two and was marketed as Star Trek for people who aren't fans of Star Trek. WTF? We still don't know what that means but we have an idea now what it doesn't mean - it doesn't mean that because you predate the series before the time of the franchise flagship that you will be getting a prequel that takes its bearings from canon and attempts to establish franchise continuity.

Which I believe is the concern some have for the "Baby Trek" that debuts this December. I don't care much one way or the other. Life moves on, actors age, shows fade. But like him or not (and many don't), but Shatner IS Captain Kirk and they should have come to terms to throw him a bone in the new flick.

Grandpa Kirk?

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Enzo Matrix wrote: : : Actually that story "Storm Front Pts 1 and 2" is the very final resolution : of the Temporal Cold War story. : Oh. I guess when SciFi recycles ST:E I will have to make it a point to see "SF 2", as I seem to have missed that one. I do remember "SF 1", and was wondering why nobody said boo about a Nazi officer with red eyes...

Re "Through a Mirror Darkly", I did have to go out and get the PL NX-01 kit. Now, if somebody will do a TOS Enterprise (no bloody 'A', 'B', 'C' or 'D'!), I can build it as the USS Defiant.

Gotta say, however, that Apple Zinc Chromate command color was horrid. I just can't wait to see THAT on HD. NOT!

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

I just want to see a menage a troi with 7 of 9, the Vulcan babe from Enterprise and me. And I want them to enjoy it and realize thier humanity.

'Nuff said.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost