OT: Viet Cong Backs Kerry.

"Rufus" wrote

That's really nonsense, and just speaks to some kind of brainwashing or permanent dehumanization of the enemy country that no one - let alone an American - should be proud of. This country isn't supposed to hate people and nations for perpetuity like a bunch of Europeans or Middle Easterners.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

OUCH!

Reply to
Ron

"Digital_Cowboy" wrote

I disagree completely. Rather than trying "see what he's hiding" people should just ask "is that all he's got?" and "what has he done lately?" The tack should be that even if one were to assume that everything Kerry claims was true, it has no relevance to being President 35 years later and should be ignored. Digging for dirt - old dirt - has a disgusting smell of pettiness (and desperation) to it.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Not really. More like it speaks to the truth of matters. There are plenty of Vietnamese whom were not VC, whom may not have even participated in the war, and whom were born well after the war ended. They are not our enemies. Just like anyone else whom does not seek our destuction are not our enemies.

Those whom do, did, or seek to destroy us are, were, and shall always remain our enemies. And we should always be prepared to treat them in kind.

Reply to
Rufus

While I'll agree that you've made some very good points, Mr. Kerry is/has been parading his Military Service/War Record as the cornerstone of his campaign as to why he would be the better leader. So given that I would say that his Military Service/War Record is fair game to be examined and/or dissected.

Up to a point, yes, and we're well beyond it at this point. Kerry is entitled to put forth anything he thinks is a virtue (as is Bush), and others are more than entitled (I'd even argue they are obligated) to call him on lies or exaggerations about that. A well-funded group has attempted to do just that, so anyone who's got even one eye open has heard what they have to offer in rebuttal. They don't seem to be entirely above inconsistency, preverication and exaggeration themselves, but hey, life in politics is tough. Bush has had to weather a similar storm, and his records still seem to be incomplete. So what?

The issue of Kerry's Senate record is far more relevant. That focus is warranted, particularly as it actually goes to issues that are relevant to this campaign. Character? Feh. Both of these guys have significant shortcomings, but both have more character than half the presidents we've had in the last sixty years. Roosevelt? Nixon? Clinton? LBJ? Kennedy? Character-wise, they all had their creepy, creepy moments, and yet somehow we move forward. OTOH, look at Carter and Ford. Nice guys, and ineffective. I'd rather have a competent president than not; decent character is simply a bonus, not part of the job description, AFAIC. Politics is a filthy business, and a lot of the pols get filthy working it. Remember all those Republicans who managed to shot themselves down when they were gunning for Clinton, for precisely the same sort of behavior? That fiasco finally convinced me that character in politics is an illusory concept. I'll settle for president that does his job and manages to keep his zipper from falling to half mast while he does it. I think both these guys are good about the zipper thing; how are they going to run the country?

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Man, talk about strange bedfellows!

The Old Timer

I love how early on, he said he would different from Bush, in that hw would get more allied nations involved, hence there wouldn't be as many Americans as casualties.

Never did figure hour how a statement like this could get more international support.....

Reply to
AM

Google Kerry & BCCI some time--then Google Bush & BCCI. Then decide who you want minding the store.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

Naw, you're thinking of Congressman Schrock. :+) Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

More likely Bill clinton.

-- -- My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Indeed. Well said.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Yep. Let's look at Kerry's record as Lt. Governer of Massachusets and his ~20 years in the Senate. It seems that *he* sure doesn't want to talk about it.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

So all the surviving German, Japanese, and Italian WWII veterans are still our enemies as well? WWII was over 59 years ago; Viet Nam has been over for 39 years. It's past time to let them go.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Me too. That's why I'll be voting for Bush. ;)

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Er, make that 29 years. Damn fumblefingers.....

Reply to
Al Superczynski

PRECISELY! I find it curious that he has stirred up all this ruckus about what did or did not happen 40 years ago, but no mention of his actual "political accomplishments" or details of his supposed programs to make everything better are being heard. Sounds like a smoke screen to me.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

If they are still Fascists, yes.

Reply to
Rufus

Sure, I could go with that. Any Vietnamese that are still communists are still my enemies too, etc.

Reply to
Al Superczynski