OT: Viet Cong Backs Kerry.

Ok...a former Viet Cong...

Seen on my local NBC news this noontime: story concerning a professed former Viet Cong partisan whom claims that he patrolled the Mekong Delta in the area of Kerry's action and that it was a very dangerous place and that Kerry probably deserves those Purple Hearts. "Probably"...

I can't wait to hear the flap over THIS one...

Reply to
Rufus

Rufus wrote in news:C4uZc.100057$Fg5.9275@attbi_s53:

The word of 254 other Americans wasn't good enough for you?

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Frank Tauss writes,

"The word of 254 other Americans wasn't good enough for you?"

Uh, Frank? The former VC is vouching for Kerry.

--Chris Bucholtz

Reply to
Chris Bucholtz

So we are supposed to believe Kerry and one VC over all the Americans ??

Reply to
AM

Why should there be a flap over this? If a former enemy respects what you did in combat against him, what higher praise could there be?

Just my two cents worth,

Bill K.

Reply to
Bill Krasner

I'm thinking more along the political lines of "sleeping with the enemy"...how many Vets are going to actually perceive that an endorsment from the Cong is a GOOD thing?..

But it's looking like this sleeping dog is about to lie...er..lay...er...nevermind...

Reply to
Rufus

"Digital_Cowboy" wrote in news:Xns95587C5FEB110nobodynobodycom@24.168.128.90:

Mental illness is such a sad thing.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Chris Bucholtz) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m05.aol.com:

So that makes two liars.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Grey Ghost,

Tell me about it. Over on this

web site there are those who actually think that Mr. Kerry should be respected. . .

Maybe THEY need (Mr. Kerry's supporters) to inhale some of our glue fumes for a few hours/days/months. . .It might clear things up for them. . .;-)

I ended up blocking her and HER family's E-Mail addresses as well as configuring O2k to send them an E-Mail telling them why I am no longer accepting E-Mail from them until either AFTER the elections OR the New Year. . . I figured that by doing that neither of us can say anything that we'll regert later on. . .

Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

In article , "AM" wrote:

Yes.

You are supposed to believe that.

Consider it received wisdom.

There is no significant controversy regarding Kerry's service in Vietnam. Our President has said so. Bush is also right when he says that the real issue is who is qualified to lead the country now, not who did what in service of his country thirty or so years ago. Kerry served under fire and earned medals. Bush flew airplanes stateside and did not. And if Bush had been mobilized and transferred to an F-105 squadron, he might have served under fire and earned medals. And if Kerry had been assigned to serve as an instructor at a stateside brown-water training facility, he would not have earned medals. It's all of a kind. Now, if you've got a gripe with Bush supposedly fudging out of his ANG service, or with Kerry protesting the war after he fought in it, wallow in it. At this point, it's a real old song, and it bespeaks an inability to focus on the positive aspects of your favored candidate. Neither was court-martialed, or otherwise disciplined for dereliction of duty, both were honorably discharged, and neither stayed in the military for the long term. At least they served. Furthermore, there's every reason to believe they are both good men and true. The main issue ought to be their very fundamental policy differences, but it's much easier to demonize the guy you don't like than it is to try to understand the policies of two candidates and what they portend for the future of this country. I see it from the Left and from the Right--intellectual laziness. It's pathetic. That's going to kill us a lot faster than ANY thoughtful approach, even if the latter is flawed.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Ok some ex VC is putiing his opinion in about who would make a good US Presient - Hey Guys - Vote for Bush.

Reply to
Val Kraut

Kinda Like "Gooks for Kerry" sorry about being politically incorrect - but three purple hearts with no visible confirmation of real wounds, and the respect of the Viet Cong isn't exactly what makes an American President. Maybe he could do a campaign stint with Jane Fonda.

Reply to
Val Kraut

Exactly.

Reply to
Rufus

Mark Schynert wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news6.west.earthlink.net:

Alright, based on Kerry's votes in the last 19 years and the extrememly poor judgement he showed in lieing to Congress and the lack of character in his zigzaging in answering to the SBVT allegations I do not believe he is qualified or even suited to being President. Furthermore it is about 2 months from the election and I have yet to understand what he plans to do for 4 years. Except of cours to consult with and await permission from the UN, France and Germany on matters regarding OUR national soverignty and security.

Bush, if nothing else has kept his campaign promises. I for the most part approve of his conduct in foreign affairs. What everyone else thinks interests me not. They have thier own interests, we have ours. If anything I think we should be more ruthless. That damn mosque in Najaf should have been leveled.

I hardly expect the Democrats to be tougher.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Thanks for reminding me of that. I was leaning away from Kerry towards the Greens, but we know at least at one time he was not afraid to stand up for the truth. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Ken Lay, Prince Fahd, and Ariel Sharon can't be wrong. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

I don't personally know any Viet Nam Vets whom think of the VC as "former" enemies...not where I live.

Not in Little Saigon down in OC - ask the shop owner that tried to put up a pic of Ho in his shop window and was nearly run out of the area by his fellow Vietnamese American neighbors a bit ago.

Not even my officemate - who did two tours USAF, one as Enlisted, and his second in the back seat of F-4s with the Black Widows out of Tahkli and Da Nang. Ask him about it sometime...he's still a warrior even though the war is over. You can hear it in his voice.

An enemy is an enemy. Period.

Reply to
Rufus