Pics of New PL Enterprise !!

Just saw the pics at Thomas Models website

of the prototype refit Enterprise. It's freaking huge and looks great! Begging for aftermarket enhancements. Oh my. It's a beaut! Now, please please please PL, make an accurate 1/1000 Rom Bird of Prey and a supremely accurate 1/350 K'Tinga (The Motion Picture version)!!!

TF

Reply to
T. Forward

Sweet. I can't wait. The TMP E looks small compared to the NX-01. I figured the NX-01 would be tiny.

I haven't been following the development of this model so I don;t know the background research for it. Was this modeled from actual dimensions of the studio model or was it from photographic references?

I am working on the NX-01 now and the fit is not as good as their other Trek kits. I was a bit surprised as I built the TOS Enterprise and Klingon D-7 and they were fairly good fit wise.

However this is one BIG model. Not sure what I am going to do with about the aztec pattern. Any news on aftermarket. I don't think masks would be that easy.

Alex Styrofoam Guy

T. Forward wrote:

Reply to
Alexander Kung

At this scale, I think a very bold/talented modeler might try what the original Motion Picture Enterprise painter did, as described at these websites:

With some variations as described at:

Wow, so much potential!

of

Reply to
T. Forward

I read webboard rumblings that Meteor Productions is working on a Black Magic vinyl mask set for the NX-01...reportedly for release this month. Meteor already makes a aztec mask for the older AMT/Ertl refit model, don't know if they'll turn one out for the PL 1/350 Refit.

Sat

Reply to
Saturn S. Padua

Please forgive but I am a bit of a dormant Trekker. What version/movie is this Enterprise from?

And I hope they got the nacelle thing figured out because I never could get them damn things even.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Don't forget Vger!

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Movies 1-6, the motion picture Enterprise. To avoid confusion, (so many Enterprises!) it's collectively referred to as "The Refit" by most of us sci-fi model geeks. Re-fit/re-design of the Constitution class cruiser- which is what appeared in the original series.

The decals will allow you to depict either a 1701 (Movies 1-3) or a

1701-A (Movies 4-6)

From the prototype shots, it looks very similar in assemblage to the Bandai pre-painted/lighted Refit model. Those nacelles/pylons were a lot easier to align than the Ertl/AMT kits- and it was a snap-together!

Sat

Reply to
Saturn S. Padua

Reply to
jack

Sorry I meant did PL have access to the refit Enterprise Studio model when making their prototype or did they have to go off photographs?

Alex Styrofoam Guy

Reply to
Alexander Kung