Re: At last - Christmas 2004!

Gordon, you're in deep. Happily so, I hope!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Tom - When I was in the Marine Corps, we ~used~ said computer, the IBM

1401. Three segments, each the size of a Volkswagen. This baby ~had to~ read file cards to get information. Of course that was in 1966 and the 1401 had maybe 4k of RAM.
Reply to
The Old Man

We had something like that at Hamilton AFB in the late 60's. Used to dread usng it as it had a nasty habit of eating the cards. Same time frame we had a photocopier that only printed in negative form. Had to make two copies if I wanted the results to look like normal paperwork.

I just replaced my old Brother electric portable with an identical typewriter. Different design number, same machine. At least I can keep the extra daisy wheels.

Tom

The Old Man wrote:

Reply to
maiesm72

La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la!

I'm trying... not very well. I ust admit...

Now just *stoppit* !!!! :-p

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Ron Smith wrote in news:ALadnSgf- MrniWrZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net:

You took the (prehistoric) words right ut of my mouth.

LOL!!!

Cheers,

Dennis

Reply to
Mechanical Menace

I don't know who first said this but "I can resist anything except temptation.". I went on one of my periodic expeditions to the loft this afternoon and confirmed my belief that I must dispose of at least 100 unmade kits. Even so, I know that I'm going to buy all five of Roden's kits of Sopwith Camels. I know they have actually scheduled six but I don't want the TF1.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin