Re: OT Jerry Orbach dead

"Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" wrote in message news:c9BAd.83141$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Yep. Prostate cancer. L&O is the poster child for cast rotation; Orbach himself being a season 2 or 3 replacement. But losing this one is going to hurt them.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

A little L&O and cast replacement trivia

Steven Hill played the original DA on L&O until he was replaced by Fred Thompson. He played on another show in the 60s for the first season before quitting and being replaced by that show's most prolific star. Without Googling or checking IMDB ;-) - name the show/star.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

in article 4FCAd.6404$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net, WmB at snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote on 12/29/04 12:26 PM:

Don't know that but I know he was in the original Broadway cast of "Fantastics". The man had a lot of talent.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

quitting and being replaced by that show's most prolific star. >>

Steven Hill was the original lead in Mission Impossible - as head of the Impossible Mission Force...he was there only a season or two before being replaced by Peter Graves as "Mr. Phelps".

Actually, in L&O Steven Hill was replaced by Diane Wiest was was replaced by Fred Thompson.

Nat

Reply to
Richa5011

" WmB" wrote

He quit last year and was replaced by Dennis Farina. This may gum up the fourth show which was supposed to be "all-DA" and feature/star Orbach as his old character, as alluded to in his final L&O episode.

Did you notice that on L&O: CI when Eames/Erbe went on pregnancy leave her replacement was not included in the credits or opening sequence?

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

I missed that, haven't seen a single show this year. I'm not what you'd call a faithful viewer of any show - except for maybe "24". And even that one I've had to pickup an episode or two online to fill in the blanks.

I've watched only a handful of CI episodes. All the ones I saw were good but they're just not enough hours in the day to get in all the TV I'd like. That and model kits that need building. If I could just do without this sleep thing eating up my nights I'd get a lot more done. ;-)

What's the other L&O, Special Victims Unit? I watched that once and just couldn't get into it.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Good job!

Yep, forgot about her. My first inclination was to post that Orbach was the last original cast member - it's been so long I almost forgot about his predecessors, Paul Sorvino and George Dzundza (spelling?).

WmB

Reply to
WmB

" WmB" wrote

Have you tried Modafinil/Provigil?

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Doubt it will hurt the original L&O, since Orbach's character departed at the end of last season. On the other hand, he was part of the cast of the franchise's newest series and they are going to have to look fast and hard for a replacement.

Reply to
TomGAJ

Peter Graves ("Jim Phelps") on Mission Impossible

Reply to
TomGAJ
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

"jerry 47" wrote

How did you meet him?

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Mission Impossable

Reply to
d.drumm

The news just said production had started. Curt

Reply to
Curt
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Maybe enough for a TV movie? I wish I had a list of all his wisecracks. Curt

Reply to
Curt

I heard 6 episodes were finished and he stars in 3 of them

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

I watched L&O: CI last night. At the end of the episode was a black screen with "For Jerry". Very classy.

Cfbush2000