Re: Starcraft NSEA Protector Kit Help

Back at Wonderfest, a friend picked up a Starcraft Models NSEA Protector kit

>(the Galaxy Quest movie ship) from Federation Models for me. The kit is >awesome, very nicely molded with almost no flash or seams and flawless >finish. The problem is with the decals, they look nice but are flaking from >the backing. >I have written to Federation Models 3 times to get Starcraft's contact info. >Apparently once they've gotten your money, they have no interest in helping >because I haven't received an answer yet. Its too bad, since I was all set >to buy some aftermarket decals from them for my Star Trek Enterprise kits. >If this is the way they treat customers..... >In any case, does anyone on the list know how to contact Starcraft? I have >searched the Internet and there is nothing in with the kit.

I'm not sure that this a solution that you've considered, but how about fixing the decals to the paper to prevent more flaking and sending it to Papa Tango to make a replacement set. He did some real old Monograms for me and I was very pleased with his work. A quick search will give you his website and e-mail address.

The Old Timer

I always thought that Starcraft and Federation are one and the same. But I can't back this up. My recommendation would be to post your question on Starship Modeler.

You may be able to fix the decals by spraying them with a clear coat. I bought the next to last Protector at WF, and the odd look of the decal paper came to my attention immediately. We may all be in the same boat.

Reply to
Wedge