Time to write to Monogram

The Revell? Yep. Later issues had a substitute without the ball joint.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Probably flying Yak-25s:

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

nah, the commie rats were flying some leftover ar 234's they stuck bombs allover.

Reply to
someone

Mine was of the 'S' persuasion but since I built it wheels down the stand disappeared. The instruction sheet had a coupon to send in with

25¢ for the 1958 catalogue. I tend to think the kit was in a larger scale than Scott does.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Nope. If your Air Power kit came with a B-36, then you had the infinitely rare, one-of-a-kind edition. There was only one release, and it did not include a B-36. Aurora sold small-scale B-36 about the same time; you may be remembering that. Revell also had a B-36 back then, but it was substantially larger.

Your idea of Monogram updating one its small-scale, late 1950s "display" kits by deleting the old and adding the new does have a basis in fact--in 1969 (and again in 1983) they rereleased the 1958 Missile Arsenal kit as U.S. Space Missiles, omitting some of the old missiles and adding some new ones. No such history for the Air Power kit, though.

I, too, would like to see the Air Power kit back again.

Reply to
David Fifer

I had both of those also, but for some reason thought the Airpower kit might have had one also. BTW, I got the Airpower kit at a hobby shop that was going out of business in around 1965 for fifty cents. It was lacking one of the jet pods for the B-52, so i went back and bought the other one they had left for fifty cents also, and used the remaining planes for toys.

I had that one in its later two releases, after the big cruise missiles got dropped from it. I once got two of the kits and with some scratchbuilding to add the needed ones, built a display of all the operational missiles the U.S. used from 1945 forward till around 1985. I gave this to my uncle who was head of Civil Defense in our town.

Like I said, in chrome it would be a real knockout.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery