Time to write to Monogram

Pat Flannery wrote:

Mine was of the 'S' persuasion but since I built it wheels down the stand disappeared. The instruction sheet had a coupon to send in with 25 for the 1958 catalogue. I tend to think the kit was in a larger scale than Scott does.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

nah, the commie rats were flying some leftover ar 234's they stuck bombs allover.

Nope. If your Air Power kit came with a B-36, then you had the infinitely rare, one-of-a-kind edition. There was only one release, and it did not include a B-36. Aurora sold small-scale B-36 about the same time; you may be remembering that. Revell also had a B-36 back then, but it was substantially larger.
Your idea of Monogram updating one its small-scale, late 1950s "display" kits by deleting the old and adding the new does have a basis in fact--in 1969 (and again in 1983) they rereleased the 1958 Missile Arsenal kit as U.S. Space Missiles, omitting some of the old missiles and adding some new ones. No such history for the Air Power kit, though.
I, too, would like to see the Air Power kit back again.
David Fifer wrote:

I had both of those also, but for some reason thought the Airpower kit might have had one also. BTW, I got the Airpower kit at a hobby shop that was going out of business in around 1965 for fifty cents. It was lacking one of the jet pods for the B-52, so i went back and bought the other one they had left for fifty cents also, and used the remaining planes for toys.

I had that one in its later two releases, after the big cruise missiles got dropped from it. I once got two of the kits and with some scratchbuilding to add the needed ones, built a display of all the operational missiles the U.S. used from 1945 forward till around 1985. I gave this to my uncle who was head of Civil Defense in our town.

Like I said, in chrome it would be a real knockout.
Pat
They'd probably have to add more detail inside or work with an after market house - lots of stuff available for the 17. But the results would be great,
The things I'd like to see is some more of the old molds like the rockets released again and in quantity that they'd be available. In particular the XSL-1 and the Space station. A bit of scratch building would produce really nice models. Again a good place for clear parts in place of opaque. Airfix seems to be re-releasing all sorts old stuff from 40 or 50 years agao. Maybe they'll get the idea it could be profitable for them too,
Val Kraut
probably have to add more detail inside or work with an after market> house - lots of stuff available for the 17. But the results would be great,> > The things I'd like to see is some more of the old molds like the rockets> released again and in quantity that they'd be available. In particular the> XSL-1 and the Space station. A bit of scratch building would produce really> nice models. Again a good place for clear parts in place of opaque. Airfix> seems to be re-releasing all sorts old stuff from 40 or 50 years agao. Maybe> they'll get the idea it could be profitable for them too,> > Val KrautFor years I've been looking for Disney-oriented kits (Disney being almost as big in our household as aircraft). Never been able to afford the Spacecraft kits. It seems that every time a Capt. Hook Pirate Ship with Disney packaging, etc. comes around it's tax time and I'm broke. I have the Glencoe release of the Rocket To the Moon and it's clever use of decals. Both of these kits, btw, are 1/72 scale models of the structures at Disneyland. One beat-up Pirates of the Caribbean from MPC is one of my favorite possessions.As shareholders we occasionally hear from the Imagineers looking for ideas (Lynne actually designed Disney's first Hannuchim, the menora used for Channukah, while talking with one of the Imagineers). For years I've suggested that they have re-pops done of the score or more Disney kits, but no luck yet. The retro products are huge. Most recent have been nice replicas of some of the board games such as Monorail, Adventureland, etc. I've shared with them the prices people are paying for the original kits and they seem interested. Maybe some day...Tom