Latest threads in Scale modeling discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

WTB: Airfix 1/600 Free Enterprise II
Built, part built ok :) All the best!!!

name a crappier kob
than stripping 20 coates of paint off a motorcycle gas tank. i had intended to redo my 1969 tr6r 650cc bike in a nmf. i figured the tin all nice and clean would look good on a black frame. so of...
10
10

Hobby Shops Not Getting Better for Model Kits
Was in State College,Penna,over memorial weekend,& Nittany Hobby is getting bare in the model kit around a year ago 7 the shelves had the same kits,depressing.
7
7

Really in need of and looking for 1/72 cfm-56 engins
I am looking for some cfm-56 engines for some kc-135s I am building. If anyone can help me out with some please contact me directly via. e-mail or let me know. I would really appreciate the help....
3
3

FS:Airfix 1/24 Spitfire
Anyone interested? Tom
1
1

Acrylic colours timeline
Just for curiousness, when were issued the first acrylic colours for scale modelling? I mean: I recall to have seen the first Tamiya hobby colors in 1982 or so, here in Italy, and the Gunze some years...
7
7

Panda Models B1
Is the panda models b1 decent? Im looking for a cheap practice project before i step up to the revell 1/48. Heres the link, for only 11 bucks i guess i cant go wrong. in advance. Jesse M.
1
1

F-22 Raptor - is it real?
Have a look at the "Hot Bird of the Week" pictures on the Two Bobs website. F-22s shown there have no stencilling around the cockpit - not even ejection seat warning triangles. Because of their...
15
15

Europe-1 Camouflage
The AirDoc F-4 decal sheet instructions claim that the Europe-1 camouflage is simply SEA camouflage with the Tan 30219 replaced by Charcoal Gray 36081. This has been borne out by a number of people...
11
11

Hobby Shops in NJ, CT, NY, PA?
I'm going to the New England area next week for a wedding and would like to know if there are any hobby shops in these areas that are worth making the effort to visit? Wyckoff, NJ New York City, NY...
8
8

difference in types of plastic model cement NON CA
There was a posting here on RMS a few months ago that has eluded my search. Someone posted the difference in various types of cement products, such as Tenax, Ambroid, Tamiya Extra thin, Testors and...
5
5

Spanish CV.33/CV.35
Anybody out there have good references for a captured CV.33 or CV.35 Spainish civil war? I'm working on a little three piece cast resin CV.33/.35 that I want to use in a small diorama with a...

Need Help With a C-47 Project
I need photos, drawings and/or measurements of the removable steps used in the cargo/troop door of a C-47 for a project. Can anyone provide some leads? Thanks in advance. Ed

China: LEE plastic models
PPP: I just returned from Beijing with 1/350 model of a Jiangwei class frigate (Hull number 112) picture second is a slightly smaller ship without the Jiangwei's stern helideck but with more radar and...
25
25

Sea King questions
Hi all, I have the Airfix yellow Sea King and I would like to make it look nice, but I have a few questions Are there any detail parts (resin or etched) for this specific model that are still...
2
2