Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Jon Hirschtick to speak at Northern Virginia user group
May 23 at 6 pm in Sterling, VA will be the first meeting of the new NOVA-SWUG, the Northern Virginia SolidWorks User Group. Special Guest Speaker will be Jon Hirschtick, founder of SolidWorks speaking...

flexible assembly mates question
forgive me if this subject has been beat to death, but I haven't used flexible mates before. I did some searching of the archives, and I only saw advice which I've already tried with no success. I...
5
5

SolidWorks World 2007 - Call for Papers
http://www.solidworks.com/pages/swworld_cfp/call_for_papers.html
30
30

Sheet Metal HELP PLEASE!!!!!
I'm trying to create a sheet metal and flat it from this geometry, but I'm not quite sure, how can I do that... There is anyone out there, can help me???? Thank you very much. Here the part.
6
6

Set part texture/colour from design table.
Hi Guys Can anyone tell me if it is possible to set a part body colour and/or texture from within a design table in an assembly? I need to run through some cosmetics and it would be nice to be able to...
1
1

Api help, kind of
We have a tool that export DXFs to our CAM system (sheet metal) It was developed by an outside company, and worked well (on SW2001+, SW2004). Installing it on machines with SW2006, we started having...
2
2

drawings of different configurations
i have a model with different configurations say angle of a flare changes from 5 to 20 degs. i have created different files for different it possible to create a single drwing with all dimensions for...
2
2

My Line Cursor/Pointer has changed from a pen to Cross hairs?
Hi all, my default cursor/pointer when I select "line" in a new or open an old sketch for editing has changed from a pen to cross hairs. It is still a pen for centrelines. It behaves a little...
2
2

SWW - Yippee the CD arrived just now.
Conference CD arrived.
3
3

Could you use "mark for drawings" for only a few dimensions at once.
Hello Everyone, By default, part sketch dimensions are checked "mark for drawings". Is there a way to change this so the default is that they're not marked for drawings? I'd really like to use the...
5
5

DRAWINGS - Detail View hatch editing
I am trying to edit hatch in a detail view of a section view. There doesn't seem to be a way to control this other than editing the hatch in the parent section view. The detail is scaled so what is...
3
3

For those who use PDFs as a shop drawing, what interface do you use to get to them?
Im trying to research a fast/easy way for multiple users to access these PDFs. We have about 16,000 drawings in PDF format, and using Windows Explorer or Windows search to find a file is a PITA....
19
19

OT - Gearboxes suppliers...
We've been a faithful Hub City gearbox user here, we have literally hundereds of them in use on our production lines and generally have been quite satisfied with the in-service performance of the...
7
7

Wledments and cut lists
Hi all any help with this would be appreciated. I would like to exclude a member in the cut list on the drawing. When I create a drawing of a weldment I would like to show all the members in the...
2
2

Fastener Specifications
Just out of curiosity, how do you handle fastener specifications when using a fastener library? Things like material, ASTM A325 vs A490 etc? Currently I have three different file sets for most of my...
3
3