Fly-out menu icon definitions in 2004

Hello All,

Please let me know if there is a way to turn OFF the fly-out menu definitions which appear by default (as rectangular "balloons") when the cursor passes over the icon buttons in SolidWorks 2004.

Certainly the balloon text can be useful to anyone learning what the icons represent; however, once they become familiar, I think the the fly-outs are nothing more than visual "clutter"...

Perhaps I didn't search the Help and What's New information carefully enough, but could not find a toggle to control the ballon behavior.

Per O. Hoel

Reply to
Per O. Hoel

RMB on a toolbar or empty area in which toolbars reside, customize, uncheck "use large tooltips"

Reply to
kenneth b

Reply to
John

Thanks for pointing out the location of the toggle's control. Tooltips consisting of just a few words in a small font are nothing new, but the LARGE, verbose tooltips arose with 2004. They can be turned OFF without disabling the "mini" ones, if the user desires.

Knowing the term for what you're looking for makes all the difference. Still - I have to wonder why a search for "tooltip" yields results so easily and directly from within the What's New PDF file, but is a relatively indirect hunt through SolidWorks' own Help...

Reply to
Per O. Hoel