hole on non planar surface

The book is vague to me. I want to put a hole on to a curved surface, they tell me to use hole wizard and 3D sketch tool. I am really not sure how to approach this. Do I pick the curved surface and put a point on the surface and try to locate with 3D dimension? Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

Reply to
billyb

I typically create a plane prior to creating a hole in a non planar surface. Place the plane relative to your part and place the hole on the plane to intersect the part.

Reply to
Keith Streich

If you select a planar surface first, the hole wizard opens a 2D sketch. If you invoke the hole wizard tool *before* selecting a surface, it opens a 3D sketch on a curved *or* planar surface. Pre- or post- selection determines what kind of sketch is used. If it's a 3D sketch, you have the usual 2D constraints available plus the 3D constraints.

Reply to
Art Woodbury

Just click on your curved surface and then click on your hole wizard icon (or insert/features/hole/wizard)

..

Reply to
zxys