Looking at Model from Two Different Angles at the Same Time

Is this possible? I need to be able to see both the front and side views of my assembly in one window. Flipping from one view to another is bit of a PITA. Switching back and forth from the model to a multi-view drawing would be worse. I know other CAD packages can do this. Does SW do this?

Rob

Reply to
cadman_357a

Sure. Sw2005 description here. Look at the lower LH corner of the graphics area - you will see a slider bar. Drag it out and rotate to suit. You can also do it vertically with the other one - now you have four!

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Huh! I've never seen that one before! Amazing what you can learn in a day.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Oh, I also meant to say that one of the SW2006 changes we saw is that you can link the views so that if you zoom in on one, it will zoom accordingly on the other as well.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

If Waynes description is not clear enough use SolidWorks help and type the word split. see panel display.

Reply to
kmaren24

Gee, you'd think that after 20 minutes searching I would have found those methods. Maybe it's time for a vacation.

Thanks for the quick responses Mark and Wayne!

Rob

Reply to
cadman_357a

Or just drag the little handles to where ever you want. There's one for Horizontal as well as Vertical.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

I was wondering about this? Does it zoom to the centroid, or something more intelligent?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Uh, beats me.... Not to give you a flippant answer, but all I know about it was that it flashed by on the screen. I guess we'll see if it makes it into the final version.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Or if you double click the splitters, they automatically center in the graphics area

Reply to
David

I did not know that, Thanks David.

Muggs