Photographs in drawings

Solidworks 2004 SP5 (about to upgrade)

We are having photographs of damage to aircraft e mailed from France.

What we wish to do is paste the photograph into a drawing sheet and than draw the repair over the top of the photograph using the photograph as a template. Unfortunately we only seem to be able to draw underneath the photograph, not seeing the lines drawn. How do I ensure the drafting stays on top of the photograph?

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

Anonymous

Insert it as a sketch picture, not as an object. You can alter the transparency, it does not take much to work on a sketch, and scale it as necessary. I've had the best luck inserting jpegs rather than bitmaps. Not exactly what you were after, but has the added benefit of being able to hide the entire picture when its in your way.

Reply to
Brian

(after upgrade) in drawing, rmb on image (jpeg), send to back.

kenneth

2006 sp5.1
Reply to
kenneth

Thanks, I notice this function was only implemented in v2005. Looks like a really good time to upgrade. We didn't upgrade due to being in the middle of a project.