Problem in drawing sheets...."smearing"

Hi,
when I'm working in drawing view, and moving
views around they "smear" . It's not a real
big problem at this point, but does anybody
know the cause? Is it a slow video card, perhaps?
TIA,
-Dennis
Reply to
Dennis
Dennis,
Moving slow and flashing are signs of a slow video card, and CPU. Smearing is a sign of either a bad driver, poorly (or un-supported) card, (like Radeon), or both.
Regards
Mark
Reply to
MM
I'd say usually this is the case.
But it did happen to me last week with Quadro FX 1000 in a P4 3ghz. Repaint and Rebuild did nothing.
Just shut SWX down and restart -- quite often this tactic works on intermittent issues. (or at least for me it was intermittent)
Todd
Reply to
Todd
It occurs only when in the 2d drawing mode.
-Dennis
Reply to
Dennis
What video card are you using? What OS are you using? What video driver are you using?
Dennis wrote:
Reply to
kellnerp
Radeon 9000 AGP Pro Video Card ATI 6.14.10.6464 driver
XP Pro OS
-Dennis
Reply to
Dennis
Dennis,
According to the SW website, the driver your using has "significant stability and repaint problems"
6.13.01.6166 should solve some of the problems, You'll probably still have the multi-window slowdown though.
Regards
Mark
Reply to
MM
BINGO!
Reply to
kellnerp
Thanks one and all. I'll download the other driver, and try it.
-Dennis
Reply to
Dennis