Quick dimension equation entry

Hello everyone,

This group has been so helpful that I thought I better start contributing a bit. and share a quick tidbit to enter dimension equations.

Just add a dimension in a sketch (i.e. a line) and after placing the dimension you will be asked to enter the value (if you have it set that way under options). While this dialog box is open, just hit the down (or up) arrow on your keyboard and you will be automatically taken into the equations dialog box.

Saves you the clicking...

Hope it helps some of you..

Reply to
Elmo

Whoa! Where did that come from?

Very nice catch.

Reply to
matt

I think it arrived in SW2006 - I don't remember it before then.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

"Wayne Tiffany" wrote in news:456f09a9$0 $9986$ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com:

I'm working in 05 today, and it's there. I think it was added when they tweaked the equations interface. The help seems to indicate that it was new in 05.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Great! Thanks

Zander

Dale Dunn wrote:

Reply to
Zander

Most cool. Thanks for sharing (I just used it) Ed

Reply to
ed1701