view rotation SW2007

I really like the new rotation method in SW2007 - it's SOOOO much better, and so long in coming!

Can someone confirm this: If the whole model is in view then it rotates around the centre as before. If you zoom in it rotates around the centre of whatever's nearest the mouse cursor.

Thanks SW, this will save a LOT of mouse-clicking.

LB

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign

that is exactly the behaviour that bob z. has noticed as well. it is very nice.

bob z.

Reply to
bob zee

Yes, it actually highlights the target object if you look closely. By watching this and moving the mouse you can easily see where the center of rotate is coming from. This is a huge improvement I agree. It aint perfect but it's damn nice to finally have. Because of the way this "auto select" looks it makes me think more of a band-aide than a legitimate deep change to the GUI but whatever, I'll take it. :)

- Eddy

"Lee Bazalgette - factorydesign" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@proxy02.news.clara.net...

Reply to
efhicks