Famous Railroaders List - Still Growing

It may be an interesting ans well made layout, but did he build it or have it built? Whatever, he should be tied down and given a hair cut and a pair of non-leather pants, then forced to listen to Wake Up Maggie until his ears bleed. In other words, his music is more show than art and it sucks. He's just the Brit Wayne Newton.

Reply to
Steve Caple

But if one dim-witted Austrailian knows about them they are not only famous but, are accepted as model railroaders without any proof or justification. Interesting set of criteria.

Paul

-- Excuse me, I'll be right back. I have to log onto a server in Romania and verify all of my EBay, PayPal, bank and Social Security information before they suspend my accounts.

Working the rockie road of the G&PX

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

According to the article he has done most of the structures. He left the rework of the electrical system to others, not clear who did the original electrical work.

Paul

-- Excuse me, I'll be right back. I have to log onto a server in Romania and verify all of my EBay, PayPal, bank and Social Security information before they suspend my accounts.

Working the rockie road of the G&PX

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

Could be worse - we've got a dimwitted Austrian as our governator. Or rather gropinator.

Reply to
Steve Caple

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 09:58:58 -0500, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Wolf Kirchmeir instead replied:

That's a big ask from Newton.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 01:33:01 +1100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and marknewton instead replied:

Ah, then you're simply jealous. That explains a LOT.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

So clearly Mark Newton is famous.

Reply to
Eddie Oliver

Good one!

ROTFL

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

I am wondering if all of the people listed are model railroaders.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

What the heck is your point?

Reply to
Mark Mathu

You're dreaming again - I offered *no* definition of famous whatsoever.

I love it when you talk dirty...

Reply to
marknewton

That's a remarkably stupid comment, even for a f****it like you.

(that)"Rod Stewart has a layout has no discernable effect on me or my enjoyment of the hobby"...

That's not jealousy, that's utter indifference.

Reply to
marknewton

You're utterly wrong, it's not my criteria. The points I was making were that I *didn't* regard most of the people on the list as famous, and that there had been *no* evidence offered to confirm they were modellers. I don't accept any of them as modellers, which is why I asked for some proof.

Reply to
marknewton

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 15:11:45 +1100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and marknewton instead replied:

Really? If not, why this post? Methinks thou doth protest too much.

Of course. Everyone can read your bleating indifference right here. Any more of your chest thumping and you won't have a friend left.

Perhaps if you enjoyed your hobby in silence?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

To rebut yours - why else?

Gee, a whole one post. That's protesting too much?

He models in a different scale to me, and models a country, a prototype and an era that I'm not interested in. His style of layout is not one that appeals to me. What should I be jealous about?

Now you're going to play Netkop?

I've always wondered why you post on a model railroading group - you don't appear to post anything on topic.

Reply to
marknewton

Same thing, different country.

??? What utter bullshit.

What would you prefer I do, feel sorry for the poor stupid bastards?

I know what you wrote - very coy.

Yes.

Reply to
marknewton

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 15:55:19 +1100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and marknewton instead replied:

How so? Show me a demand somewhere in my post, Mark. I'll wait while you look.

So far, I've defended this list of modelers from your destructive nonsense at least a dozen times. That's decidedly on topic while your savaging of the list is the opposite. Grow up, laddie.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

You make it sound as though you're defending the faith. You're a legend!

*Savaging*? Don't carry on like a big girl's blouse, Haddad. I've made two valid observations about the stupid bloody list. If you think that's savaging it, then you should audition for role of Priscilla.

Reply to
marknewton

Yes. of course. And your apparent need to consider yourself superior to these poor stupid bastards indicates an appallling lack of common humanity.

No, you don't know what I wrote. "Shirty" is slang, as it happens. I'll leave it for you to figure out what part of the English speaking world, and what era it belongs to.

That no doubt accounts for your contempt for all those poor bastards who are normal human beings, then.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Ever hear the term "catty"? And know in what contexts it's applied?

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir