Famous Railroaders List - Still Growing

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 22:40:40 -0600, Mark Mathu wrote:

Never heard of the PD&ROF RR?
--
Steve

Was that Captain Kangaroo's layout?
____ Mark
(actually: no, I never heard of the PD&ROF RR)
On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 02:50:40 -0600, Mark Mathu wrote:

Piss Drunk and Reeking Of Fosters
--
Steve

PS - yeah, sorry, i realize that using piss and Fosters in the same ten words is definitely redundant
--
Steve

I googled him and model railroading and found nothing...
Greg Procter wrote:

A Australian journalist who is "accurate and unbiased"? I'm not sure there is one...
marknewton wrote:

The late Andrew Olle?
Cheers David
marknewton wrote:

I guess they've all been trained by you....
Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

LOL! That's good, coming from our resident one-eyed Canadian leftie...
But there's the rub, old mate - I'm *not* a journo, and make *no claim whatsoever* to being unbiased or objective.
marknewton wrote:

What makes you think I thunk you wuz a journo??????
Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:
> [...]
Who else would train them?
marknewton wrote:

You really do have a problem with irony, eh.
Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:
> You really do have a problem with irony, eh.
The problem is yours - you can't do irony very well at all.
Are you sure you're not an American?
marknewton wrote:

The problem is that I expect people to recognise it without emoticons.
On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 09:58:58 -0500, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

That's a big ask from Newton. -- Ray
On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 18:00:01 +0900, Ray Haddad

What IS a model railroader ?
Ken

It's a person working on the railroad that follows all the rules, washes his or her hands and flosses after every meal and loves his Momma! Oh wait - that's a model citizen...
Ok how bout this?
A really tiny person on a finite world with dead shrubs as trees and weeds as sage brush with plastic water who is bitching and moaning about the management and his "pre-fab housing" and not putting any interiors in the buildings or poorly lit streets all in the name of ambiance and how things look great from one side but you get behind that world and it looks like some 2nd grader glued toothpicks together!..
Big Rich Soprano wrote:

ROTFL

Uh, you seriously think that people dedicate themselves to one hobby and one hobby only for their entire lifetimes? What an odd concept.
Let's see: I'm a motorcyclist, I've sky-dived, flown in hang-gliders, used to be a SCUBA instructor, built plastic aircraft and armor models, have designed, scratch-built, and flown many 1/4 scale radio-controlled airplanes, I'm an amature astronomer (Seen the comet yet? Look just left of Persius.), have my pilot's lisence, used to body surf, used to rock-climb, still day hike in the wilderness every chance I get (like earlier today), used to own my own darkroom back in the days of film cameras, raced sports and formula cars for years with some success, still run a mile or two almost every night, and, oh yes, I'm a model railroader too.

Straw man. Nobody but you said that.

I suppose you could ask Walter himself if it's going to keep you awake at nights. What's the big deal?
P. Roehling wrote:
Enough.
He joins Newton and Proctor.
<FLUSH>