Famous Railroaders List - Still Growing

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:22:12 +1100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and marknewton instead replied:

Excellent. Put me on the list.

Yes, savaging. Nothing is valid about you stating that (1) you don't know anybody on the list so they must not be famous and (2) testimony that they are modelers is untrue because you choose not to believe it. Thus, you are not only savaging the list but implying that it is off topic simply because you declare it so.

Now, who's the NetKop?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Wolf Kirchmeir wrote: >>

You're another hyper-ventilating drama queen. I don't agree with your soft left opinions about people who won't live in their own lives, living vicariously through others instead, so I have an "appalling lack of common humanity"? Whatever you reckon. If living my own life and enjoying it makes me superior to the soap and celebrity addicts, so be it.

Mate, when I want lessons in the etymology of Strine, I'll ask someone more authoritative than a Canadien with a German name.

You, OTOH, reserve your contempt for those who doesn't share your bleeding-heart social worker views...

Reply to
marknewton

On 11/10/2007 8:16 PM marknewton spake thus:

Mein Gott: this thread is just a couple of steps away from turning into ... a Wikipedia article.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

He might be allergic to ping pong balls.

Reply to
Steve Caple

LOL! Good on yer!

Reply to
marknewton

Okay! I'll add your name to the "Tiresome wankers with an axe to grind" list right now.

There, there , Priscilla, don't get your boa in a twist.

Priscilla, I think you're capable of reading for comprehension, so when you utterly misrepresent, distort and otherwise lie about what I wrote and what I stated, it must be deliberate. Very naughty.

Bullshit. I acknowledged early on that there were people on the list I'd heard of. That's why I edited it, to remove them. I then made the quite reasonable observation that *SOME* of the people on the list would be unknown outside the US. And that was confirmed by other posters, from outside the US.

So much for that lie.

What "testimony"?

I asked what proof there was that all of the people on the list were modellers, a question put by others as well. That tells me I'm not the only one who doubts the accuracy of the list.

Many of those on the list have still not been confirmed by anyone, so it's still a valid question - one I see you have no answer for.

My comment about OT posts was directed squarely at you and your posts to r.m.r. in general. Not the list, nor the discussion about it. Nowhere did I "declare" it OT, nor imply it. You knew that - another lie.

Based on your form on r.m.r., and your contributions to other newsgroups, I doubt you're a modeller, either.

You are.

Reply to
marknewton

It doesn't make you superior, just different. And your estimation of yourself as superior is evidence that you're not.

As for my "soft lefty opoinions" -- you don't know nuthin' about my politics. You just don't like my calling your bluff on your arrogance, so you call me the worst name you can think of. Aw, gee, gosh, I'm underwhelmed.

The slang term is not 'Strine.

So you think a Canuck with an Austrian name can't know about about the history of English? Aw, gee, Marky, I apologise for having studied the subject at University. Obviously my instructors and the books I read were all wrong, since they hadn't passed the Mark Newton Test of Truth and Accuracy.

Any view held by a bleedin' heart social worker must be wrong, eh? Classing my views among them is a most convincing demonstration of the errors of my ways. Much better than logic or reason.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 22:52:43 +1100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and marknewton instead replied:

Well, Mark, I'm a bit of a celebrity myself in my day job.

Aw, do you think that upsets me? Refer to me as you wish. You're the one making a fool of himself.

So I was right. YOU don't think they're celebrities so they aren't. The world according to Mark Newton or no world at all. Some choice. You're an arrogant twit who doesn't trust anyone else.

It's true as the sky is blue, mate. You just admitted that you edited the list to suit yourself. Then you try to deny it here. What kind of idiot are you?

People who put the names on the list are giving testimony that the list occupants are modelers. You choose not to believe them. That's fine, Mark, but they're still modelers and they're still celebrities whether they have the Mark Newton stamp of approval or not.

I confirm them all, Mark. All of them.

No, Mark. You just spent an entire post trying to NetKop me. You're a loser, mate. A loser.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

And you're the ultimate arbiter of these matters, are ya Wolf?

I can make an educated guess, based on your posts over the years.

You think *that's* the worst name I can think to call you? You got very little imagination, in that case.

My fucken'oath it is!

As you've demonstrated above, no. Any more than I would presume to know, as a foreigner, about Canadian slang...

In your case, yes.

Tata.

Reply to
marknewton

Get ya hand off it, Haddad. You're a magician who does kiddie's parties

- some celebrity!

Whatever ya reckon, Priscilla.

So those other people who posted to confirm that they'd never heard of these people either, whose world do they live in?

Sure, I trust plenty of people. But you ain't one of them. You've repeatedly shown yourself to be a liar.

You're the fucken' idiot. I was obviously flat-out wrong when I suggested you could read for comprehension. I removed the names of people *I* knew from the list since I had no issue with their fame or status as modellers. It was the ones I hadn't heard of, and had never seen any proof of their being modellers, that I left on the list. Is that too hard for you to understand?

I choose not to believe people who make claims without offering evidence or proof - like you.

Why? Because you say so? LOL! You couldn' lie straight in bed...

So prove it.

I spent an entire post refuting your piss-weak arguments...

Whatever ya reckon, Priscilla.

Tata!

Reply to
marknewton

Has it wandered that far from reality?

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 02:24:13 +1100, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and marknewton instead replied:

And with this you prove yet again you have nothing.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Mark , didn't you post some pics a while back of a small diorama ? I remember it being a real nice piece of work.

Ken

Reply to
ken day

"The State of Genesis: Collins and Co. Talk Peter Gabriel, Future Projects and the Alamo" Rolling Stone Magazine - May 21, 2008

"Phil, is there a possibility of a new solo disc?

"Phil Collins: Not in the foreseeable future, no. I just got sidetracked with model railroads for the boys - or me, really. I'm building a model railroad in my basement. That seems to be an obsession. There really isn't any room for music at the moment. I'm sure when the railroad gets close to being finished and I go into my little studio, if something happens I'll keep going with it. I have one or two things finished and one or two things that are half baked, but nothing that's even close to being called an album yet."

# # #

____ Mark

Reply to
Mark Mathu

With Walter's passing recently, there have been plenty of obituaries which mentioned his love of sailing, sports car racing, pipe smoking... and his wife and family.

But I've not seen anything about him being a model railroader or having a love of trains. Was Walter Cronkite a model railroader?

Reply to
Mark Mathu

On Aug 30, 12:40=A0pm, "Mark Mathu" wrote:

Yes. Among many others.

Tim Allen (comedian) Gene Autry ("The Singing Cowboy") Roseanne Barr (actor) Tom Brokaw (newscaster) Yul Brynner (actor "The King and I") Groucho Marx (actor, humorist, game show host, all-around cynic) Johnny Cash (country music singer) Winston Churchill (former British Prime Minister) Gary Coleman (N scale modeller and part owner of Caboose Hobbies in Denver, Colorado) Phil Collins (rock singer) Kevin Costner (actor) Richard Crenna (actor) Walter Cronkite (radio/TV personality) Roger Daltry (lead singer of the Who/actor) Joe DiMaggio (baseball player) Walt Disney (producer) James Doohan (actor "Star Trek") Erik Estrada ("CHiPs") Harrison Ford ("Star Wars" & "Indiana Jones") Arthur Godfrey (radio/TV personality) Whoopi Goldberg (actress) Hermann G=F6ering (rumoured to have had the largest M=E4rklin model railway collection) Michael Gross (the father on =93Family Ties=94) Merle Haggard (country singer) Tom Hanks (actor) David Hasselhoff (actor "Bay watch") Elton John (rock singer) Michael Jordan (basketball player) Bob Keeshan (Captain Kangaroo - kids' show host) Ward Kimball (one of Disney's original nine animators and a Disneyland designer) Christopher Lee (actor "Dracula") Jay Leno (TV talk show host) Jack Lord (actor "Hawaii Five-O") Roger Miller (country singer) Mandy Patinkin (actor "Chicago Hope", "The Princess Bride") John Pertwee (actor "Doctor Who") Sam Posey (American race car driver) Sally Jesse Raphael (TV talk show host) Lionel Ritchie (singer) Roy Rogers (actor) David Rose (Musician) Rick Schroeder (actor "Silver Spoons", "NYPD Blue") Frank Sinatra (Lionel and tinplate collector) Tom Snyder (newscaster) Stephen Spielberg (director) Bruce Springsteen (rock singer) Jill St. John (actor "Diamonds Are Forever") Sylvester Stallone (actor "Rocky" "Rambo") Patrick Stewart (actor =93Star Trek: The Next Generation=94) Rod Stewart (rock singer) Donald Sutherland (actor) Mel Torm=E9 (singer) Pete Waterman (British record producer has largest private collection outside North America) Anders Wejryd (Archbishop of Church of Sweden) Neil Young (part owner of Lionel Trains)

Fictional Model Railroaders: Gomez Addams (The Addams Family) had a Lionel layout. He was noted for setting trains on a collision course, then blowing them up with explosives. Reverend Timothy Lovejoy (The Simpsons) has been portrayed in several episodes running model trains in his basement. Donald Duck in the cartoon short "Not To Scale" has a garden railroad. John Patterson (For Better or For Worse) has a garden railroad. Mr X & his arch-enemy Glowface {The X's} are model trains fanatics. Mary Ellen Rogers (Wally's Girlfriend on Leave it to Beaver), her Dad has an American Flyer layout in their basement in one episode. King Willem (Double Star). His love of model trains is a major plot point in the story. Bobby Baccalieri (The Sopranos) has a layout in his garage.

Reply to
Twibil

Hi All I've had the pleasure of being up to Rod Stewart's railroad a few dozen times. Some really nice modeling of 1930's era city's. Mike

Reply to
mike mueller

Titus Quinn in "A World Too Near: Book Two of The Entire and The Rose" by Kay Kenyon on the Pyr book label. Chapter Two opens with a description of Titus, his niece and nephew playing with what is described as the most comprehensive collection of Ives standard gauge trains outside of a museum, with a value in excess of half a million dollars. The author either has some personal knowledge of these collectors' items or did her research, as she describes the operation of an NYC S-Class locomotive.

Reply to
Ricik Jones

From: Twibil Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 22:34:51 -0700 (PDT)

"Gary Coleman wanted to leave toy trains to ex-wife" PEOPLE.com June 11, 2010

"... Aside from bank accounts, property, cars and other earnings, the alleged new will also leaves [Shannon] Price his model trains, toys, and games. Coleman, 42, was a lifelong model train enthusiast and often spent hours tinkering with his collection in his basement, friends say. ..."

Reply to
Mark Mathu