Hope Springs Eternal.

wrote:

My cliends and audiences would disagree. -- Ray

Sheesh! That would be clients. I wonder why that passed my spell checker. Must be gremlins. -- Ray

If the above is typical of your best efforts, they must be very good friends and cliends indeed.
Because they're politely lying to you so as to spare your feelings.

No, rather, they pay me. I'm an entertainer. I do that for a living. You're a critic but apparently an amateur. -- Ray
On Fri, 08 May 2009 14:06:58 +0800, Ray Haddad wrote:

Never mind, Pete. Mus be the sheep factor . . .
--
Steve

Baaa humbug.
~Pete

BUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA(GASP-WHEEZE)HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! "AMATEUR"! I LOVE IT!
I'm 65 now and I've been a successful professional entertainer/ musician/writer/etcetera since I was 23.
That's 42 years so far.
Started out hosting live music radio shows in the San Francisco Bay area and then later on in southern California, worked on the road as a single, worked clubs all over the western US, did quite a bit of studio work, won a number of guitar/banjo/fiddle contests, fronted Country, Bluegrass, Old-Timey, and Classic Rock bands, taught music for 12 years at the University of California, have appeared multiple times on various network radio and TV shows, have worked with some of the best in the business, and have published technical and humor articles plus original music in Frets, Pickin', Banjo Newsletter, Bluegrass Soundboard, American Modeler, Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette, Reader's Digest (Gawd help me), and various other national publications ever since the early '70s.
Still work two or three times a month fronting an acoustic Jazz band, still do occasional studio work, still teach, and still write -and sell- humor. (See example below.)
http://web.archive.org/web/20020307010308/http://www.chordacopia.com/stories_ (fiction)/grandma_and_the_bear.htm
Free hint: if you're going to try to insult someone it generally helps if the insult you're planning to use has at least some minimal, distant, connection with reality.
~Pete
~Pete

And I've been in the biz for 50 this year.

Still doing my thing full time, mate. Over the years, I've worked in more than 30 countries. Is this "belly bucking" going to go on much longer? It's Friday night here and I've got a gig in 90 minutes.

Thanks for the advice, amateur. But hey, if it's that important that you somehow "win" this discussion, I conceded defeat. -- Ray

Shouldn't you be better by now?

Ah, I see. I was good enough to semi-retire at the age of 56.

Right. The nitwit calls me an amateur. And when I refute him with facts, trys to claim that it's unprovoked boasting and bails out.

Sure thing, liar. (You *do* know that when you say something that you *know* isn't true it's called a "lie", right? And that you don't gain any self-respect by doing it?)
Oh well.
On 5/8/2009 11:32 AM Twibil spake thus:

Pete, you really should understand that Ray "Blowhard" Haddad really is a consummate professional.
Why, he does several shows a week for selected audiences at geriatric-care homes and other treatment facilities where he has the crowds eating out of his hand. Literally.
He just needs to wipe the dribble off afterwards ...
--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

Poor David. -- Ray

Truth to tell, for all I know he may really be good at what he does. But I got such a chuckle out of his "amateur" put-down that I gave him quid pro quo to see what he'd do.
Alas, "oops" doesn't appear to be in his vocabulary.
~Pete

It's all relative is what I say. Like I mentioned earlier in another post, you were the one who started comparing experiences. But I have a better offer. Compared to most, you seem a civilized sort of fellow.
Shall we just bury this particular hatchet here and agree that your idea of funny wasn't met without turning it into more rancor? -- Ray

But the joy of performing. It overpowers with its allure. I hope I never get better. I want the Tommy Cooper way out of the biz.

Oh, dear. Did your fans abandon you? And then above, you stated "so far." Does that mean you're not really retired as you now claim?

Bail out? Mate, I had a gig. I'm back now. Do you even know what the word gig means?

Comparing ages and amount of time in the biz was your idea. Based on my experience being longer than yours, you are an amateur.

The bottom line in all of this is you have no sense of humor. You understand it, sure, but you have no sense of it. It's much the same as this. You don't have to have cancer to understand cancer. Understanding humor and then denying that an observation contained humor shows me you have no real sense for it.
Read the book Eat, Shoots & Leaves. It'll give you some idea of humor that is related to grammar and the English language. Maybe then you won't get so upset over a comment that was humorous. Or was your upset from the fact that I inadvertently hijacked your thread? Only you can know the answer to that one, mate. -- Ray

-- Ray

Well, thats 5 minutes I'll never get back.
On May 8, 8:51am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Okay, I'll stop holding my gun to your head and forcing you to read my posts, then.
~Pete
On May 8, 11:33pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Thanks for that. It's a *wonderful* example of how people will type things on Usenet that they'd never *dare* say face to face.
On Sun, 10 May 2009 00:15:18 -0700 (PDT), Twibil

See? I knew you were civilized. We agree completely on this matter. -- Ray