Restarting an Unused HO Engine

On 8/14/2009 2:34 AM a_a_a spake thus:

Bingo.

In our last episode, Mr. Procter and Mr. Haddad had gotten a room together.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Wow - a procterologist who makes house calls!

Reply to
Steve Caple

The ignorant oafs gather. One can only wonder . . .

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Yep. Everyone is ignorant of how to deal with someone who is so utterly bizarre as to suggest machining the 'armature' as a solution for a virtually never-used loco not running after 20 years of non-use. We can all only wonder.

Reply to
a_a_a

Ah, that face rings a bell ...

Reply to
LD

To my chagrin, I wondered 'out loud' ...

Reply to
LD

Then I see defeat in your life. You give up too easily if you would not consider machining a motor as a last resort. Remember, only you guys suggested that it was not a good option. I suggested a few others long before I got to that one. The rest of you oafs all pretended that wasn't the case. Why is only anyone's guess.

Typical behavior from guys with over inflated egos such as yourselves. Deal.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Waving the white flag already? No surprise.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

More to the point, only one guy - you - suggested that it WAS a good option.

Reply to
a_a_a

It is. Not the first option but a good one if necessary. Just because you can't do it don't complain to me.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On 8/15/2009 10:56 AM Ray Haddad spake thus:

While you're at it, why not suggest rewinding the armature, re-gaussing the magnets and replacing the motor bearings? Fat lot of good any of these would do.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

People used to do that....

wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

On 8/15/2009 12:08 PM Wolf K spake thus:

Well, of course they did. But look, Wolf, it's a matter of context. I think it's safe to say that the OP is not a scratchbuilder and is not the least bit interested in learning the nitty-gritty of a complete motor teardown and rebuild. (Maybe he is, but I doubt it.) So in the context of his question--how to get a little-run, long-stored loco running--suggesting he check these things is, well, silly.

Obviously, the first thing to do is to check and clean the wheels. And the track. You know, the easy, obvious stuff.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Because, unlike you, I am not dumb enough to believe those things would help, David. Get some help, mate.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Oh? And who began by telling him that? Well, that would be me, of course but you are more than happy to ignore that. Nice one, David.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

I was just waxing nostalgic. ;-)

wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

But you are dumb enough to believe machining the 'armature' would help, Ray. Get some help, mate.

Reply to
a_a_a

I'd sooner wax wroth.

Then we can have Roth wax Haddad and everyone will be happy.

~Pete

Reply to
Twibil

Lizzie Borden took an axe, Gave her mother forty wax. When she sore what she had dun, Gave her farther forte won.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

I'd sooner wax wroth.

Then we can have Roth wax Haddad and everyone will be happy.

~Pete

I was close to lamenting and rending my garments ...

Reply to
LD