Restarting an Unused HO Engine

On 8/14/2009 2:34 AM a_a_a spake thus:
Bingo.
In our last episode, Mr. Procter and Mr. Haddad had gotten a room together.
Reply to
David Nebenzahl
Yep. Everyone is ignorant of how to deal with someone who is so utterly bizarre as to suggest machining the 'armature' as a solution for a virtually never-used loco not running after 20 years of non-use. We can all only wonder.
Reply to
a_a_a
Then I see defeat in your life. You give up too easily if you would not consider machining a motor as a last resort. Remember, only you guys suggested that it was not a good option. I suggested a few others long before I got to that one. The rest of you oafs all pretended that wasn't the case. Why is only anyone's guess.
Typical behavior from guys with over inflated egos such as yourselves. Deal. -- Ray
Reply to
Ray Haddad
It is. Not the first option but a good one if necessary. Just because you can't do it don't complain to me. -- Ray
Reply to
Ray Haddad
On 8/15/2009 10:56 AM Ray Haddad spake thus:
While you're at it, why not suggest rewinding the armature, re-gaussing the magnets and replacing the motor bearings? Fat lot of good any of these would do.
Reply to
David Nebenzahl
On 8/15/2009 12:08 PM Wolf K spake thus:
Well, of course they did. But look, Wolf, it's a matter of context. I think it's safe to say that the OP is not a scratchbuilder and is not the least bit interested in learning the nitty-gritty of a complete motor teardown and rebuild. (Maybe he is, but I doubt it.) So in the context of his question--how to get a little-run, long-stored loco running--suggesting he check these things is, well, silly.
Obviously, the first thing to do is to check and clean the wheels. And the track. You know, the easy, obvious stuff.
Reply to
David Nebenzahl
Because, unlike you, I am not dumb enough to believe those things would help, David. Get some help, mate. -- Ray
Reply to
Ray Haddad
Oh? And who began by telling him that? Well, that would be me, of course but you are more than happy to ignore that. Nice one, David. -- Ray
Reply to
Ray Haddad
But you are dumb enough to believe machining the 'armature' would help, Ray. Get some help, mate.
Reply to
a_a_a
I'd sooner wax wroth.
Then we can have Roth wax Haddad and everyone will be happy.
~Pete
I was close to lamenting and rending my garments ...
Reply to
LD

Site Timeline